Getting scammed by Amshop

TiffanieG
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else been scammed by this company? I ordered a pool for $299 and cancelled my purchase right after it was made only to be ignored. Paypal is denying my claim. What other scam sites are Paypal allowing to do business with?? The website is <removed> stay away from them! They are bad news.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

LSkorets
Contributor
Contributor
Me too! I submitted a complaint to PayPal on the vendor. They are clearly fraudulent.
Login to Me Too

TiffanieG
Contributor
Contributor
Why does PayPal continue to do business with this company? I am so done.
Login to Me Too

TiffanieG
Contributor
Contributor
I made the mistake of changing the reason I was filing my claim and marked it as fraudulent because I felt the company was fraudulent for taking my money after I repeatedly canceled my order, and since PayPal could see I had known about it, they denied my case and once a case is closed it cannot be reopened for another reason. I will never trust Paypal again to protect me and my purchases.
Login to Me Too

LSkorets
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal IS able to change your case - they did it for me! I am waiting and honestly I also feel VERY VERY let down by PayPal! I have had very issues like this while shopping but both Amazon and TD Bank handled it without issue - they protect their customers!
Login to Me Too

kwoodsum

What did you do to reopen your dispute? I can't even reach anyone. 

Login to Me Too

LSkorets
Contributor
Contributor
I repeatedly sent them chat messages insisting they reopened under a new reason. They might open a new case instead. Take screen shots of their replies as well as any tracking updates that you receive from bogus sellers. I ended up getting the pool I ordered two months later after excessive chasing both PayPal and the scummy fraudulent seller. In the end, I got a much smaller pool without the pump, etc. PayPal ended up getting the seller to refund 50% of my money which was fine but the fact that I had to message PayPal several times every week for two months was terrible.
Login to Me Too

TiffanieG
Contributor
Contributor
Good job! I have written off my money as a lesson learned. PayPal didn’t have my back and made the process difficult. I will look into websites better before purchasing and never use PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

TiffanieG
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck. Paypal denied me.
Login to Me Too

AmyKov1
New Community Member
Yes!!! This is such a hassle!!! I purchased a 15' x 48" pool that was supposed to come with a pump and a ladder. They sent me this little blow up pool with no pump and ladder! I paid $299 and opened a case with PayPal. The seller agreed to refund me if I sent it back. Just came from UPs and it will cost me almost $299 to send it back! PayPal better come through for me!! They sent me something I didn't even want, it wasn't what I ordered! I'm not paying to ship it back!!! 😡
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.