Fraudulent transaction

GVC123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I write to you because I've tried to solve this via Resolution Centre and by calling Paypal to no avail. Resolution Centre have processed my complaint and said it is not fraud. How can they prove this when it clearly is fraud? I also have no way of making an appeal or justifying it.

Someone has hacked into my account and used my Paypal to purchase items without my consent.

I've tried to contact my bank but they were no help either as they can't see any transactions yet.

Can you guys advise me on how to go about and cancelling/refunding this order before it goes too far?

It's so frustrating because I am clearly the owner of the Paypal account. I've changed the password/added 2 way identification to log in. Even though I have access to my account, I am not able to tell Paypal that the transaction is fraud?!

Please, if someone could please help me out here I'd appreciate it as I've tried all I can think of at this point.

Thank you in advance.

GVC

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GVC123 

Have you clicked on the transaction and used the report a problem link to mark it as unauthorised?

If so then did paypal reject this?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GVC123
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply

I did exactly that when I first saw it. Paypal got back to me saying:

"We've completed our review of your unauthorised activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorised use.

For more information about these cases, log in to your PayPal account and go to the Resolution Centre.

Yours sincerely,

Paypal"

I have no option to appeal or justify why it is fraud. They basically got back saying 'It's not fraud.' and left it like that?!

I have direct access to my Paypal log in details and have access to the bank cards, I don't understand Paypal's reaction. 

Please let me know if you know how to go about sorting this as I have tried everything

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GVC123 

Appeal?

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.