Fraudulent Seller

CowgirlCindy
New Community Member

I recently purchased an item that popped up on my Facebook feed advertising a luxury recliner camping chair. What I got was FAR FROM THE ADVERTISED CHAIR!! So now, in order to receive a full refund, the seller has asked for the item to be returned. TO CHINA! The cost of the chair initially was $76. The cost to return the chair with tracking information is $56. So even if I eventually get my money back from China, I'm only going to receive $20!! If I return it and it never arrives, then I'm out an additional $56!! So the chair in the end ends up costing me $132. I used PayPal thinking that they protect the customer from fraudulent sellers. This seller and it's product clearly, in my mind, a scam. I am including photos to show the product I ordered (which I am sure the seller just pulled the video/image off the internet somewhere) and the actual product I received. TOTALLY NOT THE SAME!! It's pretty obvious. HELP!! I've been a long time user of PayPal and this is the first time I've had to deal with this type of situation.

IMG_5907.JPGIMG_5908.JPGIMG_5910.JPG

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PS001
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered the same recliner chair from a merchant in China (I didn't know it was in China). I got the same dinky folding stool. The merchant does this on purpose I have learned. I contacted PayPal and they wouldn't help me at all because the merchant said he would give me a refund if I returned the stool to China. When I tried to return the cheap stool, the return postage was close to $100. I would have been stupid to pay that since it was twice what I paid for in the first place. The seller obviously knows that no one will return the stool if it costs them more than their refund. I repeatedly got in touch with PayPal and they would not investigate or respond in any way except to say they appreciated my business. I then checked the website reviews and found that this scam has occurred several times to other customers. I referred this information to a customer service rep. Today I got the message that my dispute was found in favor of the seller. In the future, I will do my homework by checking adscams.com before I order anything. Also, I have made a complaint to ecommerce.gov. I urge everyone who has been scammed by this seller to do the same thing. And just because a seller uses PayPal, don't trust them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.