Fraudulent Account!! Paypal - What a nightmare!

ABC345
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone from paypal monitoring this forum? Could someone get in touch with me, please?

Last night I started to receive emails saying that someone was creating an account in my name. But, while I have an old PayPal account that I have not used for years (more than 10 years), the email address was different to the one I used for my old paypal account.

Tried to get in touch with paypal UK.  I phoned them last night when I started getting the emails from paypal but that was pointless. And when I received an email at 01.00 saying that the account was set up, they were closed. I called them again this morning and I have just spent 20 mins waiting in a queue for a paypal advisor with no success.  I don't want to use phone the number on one of the emails I received relating to this new (fradulent?) account, in case it is also fake.

Sent a copy of the first email to 'spoof' 15 hrs ago - no reply from a human yet!

Please can someone from PayPal take a bit of responsibility and advise.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ABC345
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your advice, kernowlass.

Phoned back and got through to someone this time.

Advisor spent a long time with me going over whats happened, which was good.

Hoping everything has been sorted out now. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ABC345 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

ABC345
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your advice, kernowlass.

Phoned back and got through to someone this time.

Advisor spent a long time with me going over whats happened, which was good.

Hoping everything has been sorted out now. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.