Fraud!

Fingon7767
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all! I bought a coin from this guy March 19th for $377.48. He has yet to post it to me. He claims there is no way to send a package from Poland but this is the first in so many lies. I got a coin from Poland the day before yesterday you just post it to U.K. Royal Mail and they send it along. Anyhow I have many friends who are collectors and experts, many are published. One noticed the transaction. He pointed out the coin was probably fake, that the sellers claims that the coin was uncleaned and in Very Fine condition were **bleep** as the coin at least once had had acid poured on it. But here is the rub. He showed me that the same coin have been posted then sold on Catawiki around the same time I bought it on e-bay. I have pictures of all this. Photos left and right making my case ironclad. The dual posting, the depositions by friends offering their opinion of the coin. The sheets of which the seller lied about the coins condition. E-bay is just shut down. They do not answer their phone or text at anytime regardless of what you tell them is wrong. PayPal has been decent about writing me back through messages. However, since at the time I purchased the coin I was a guest user apparently the only way for them to open a dispute is on the phone.[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] This number is not being answered regardless of time. Does anyone know a number or a time when I can call PayPal and get through to a human. As the guy still has the coin I would love to file now. He can keep his damn coin or whatever he has I just want my money back. If he mails me the coin, or a picture, or a washer, or whatever, we all know it gets way more complicated and the odds go way down of my getting my money back. Please, someone give me some ideas. Mission contact PayPal. Before you say it I have written ever available text or e-mail site. I had to be a phone call.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fingon7767 

You can instead dispute via with your credit card if reaching PayPal is difficult during this virus situation.

To contact customer service for assistance:

(Please have receipt ID number from your PayPal email receipt handy.)

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Fingon7767
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you- Esteemed Advisor! I have never tackled a refund by going after Citibank before. They are rather well known for “splitting the dispute” I just cannot live with that. This dude is a crook, he brags about it, and I do not want him to have one sent of my money. Citibank also takes a while I feel like if I could get bloody PayPal on the phone I could end this right then. If Citibank takes its usual sweet time this guy is gonna mail this coin then everything gets so much more complicated. I would think my photos showing this guy sold the same coin numerous times on e-Bay and Catawiki would be all that is needed although I have testimony from guys who write books about Roman coins. Some doubt it is real at all. All say the coin has been treated with an acid of some type in an effort to clean it and produce a fake patina. What he produced was an ugly mess, not even close to his claim the coin is Very Fine, and had never been cleaned. PayPal must have more than one phone number, some way of getting through to an actually agent. Help!
Login to Me Too

Fingon7767
Contributor
Contributor
Oh I did not see the instructions for trying to get through to PayPal on the phone. I will start trying in the morning. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.