Fraud and disputes

Linda10103
New Community Member

I have 2 transactions that have been made to my PayPal account and I did not make either one of them.  They were both made on the 4/4/2020.  

Payment to Wal-mart- $25.49  Transaction ID: 489128M42MN4581A

Shipping Address-confirmed

Jeffrey D. Hunt

1429 Ella Street

San Santa Clara, CA 95050

Payment USD to Urban Industries Ltd.- $39.95  Transaction ID: 44294V8R0332347SWD

Shipping Address-confirmed

Jonas L. Martin

2046 Delaware Ave.

San Francisco, CA 94143

Parra Girl Racer T-Shirt White

I received two emails about these transactions and I did not make either one of them.  I have notified my Credit Union and have canceled my debit card.  I would appreciate it if you would help me with this.  

Thanks,

Linda Adams

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Linda10103 

Thank you for taking time out to use the Community Forum as a means of communication.  Based on my understanding is that you are charge for 2 transaction that you are not aware of.  I'm so sorry to hear that, but checking on your post, you posted a transaction number which to me is a transactionid coming from PayPal.  What i'm thinking is that you might have made that purchase via guest checkout and for us to find out you must get hold of a customer service representative because they the capacity to look into your account via chat as our phone line is not an available option right now due to this pandemic.  How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to their Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which they can interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page there is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available and if case you want to file a dispute on your end this link might be helpful you https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-unauthorized-paypal-account-activity-faq... . Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

leeladog15
Contributor
Contributor

I have also received two emails that indicated I have made purchases from Urban Industries Ltd (April 4th, 2020) and BestBuy, Inc. (April 6th 2020).

Shipping addresses: the first to: Jonas L Martin, 2046 Delaware Av, San Francisco CA 94143, 2nd to Jeffrey D Hunt 1429 Ella Street, San Santa Clara, CA 95050. 

First item was Parra Girl Racer T-shirt - Transaction ID 44294V8R0332347SWD, 2nd item was Logitech G203 Prodigy Wired Gaming Mouse - Transaction ID 3551233DY9233148. 

When two random individuals have identical information, this is clearly a problem and must be handled ASAP by PayPal.

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP - Tom K.  

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @leeladog15 

I totally agree with you on that case.  So let's not waste time an file a dispute as "unauthorized transaction" so that our back office would review your case ASAP this link might be helpful https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-unauthorized-paypal-account-activity-faq... , but lets also contact our customer service because they have the capacity to look for that transaction if it is a Guest Checkout Purchased or not.  I know that you will ask how can you get hold of a CSR right now specially that phone lines in not a available option as of this moment,  well you can get in touch with them via email or chat.

How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to their Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which they can interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page there is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Note: There's a slim chance to get a timely response as we are in skeletal staff due to emergency.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

121631mo
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal is giving direction on next step,is paypal looking into both names on these purchases,and were these two are getting our information
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @121631mo 

Thanks for your swift reply.  That is why it is important for you to contact our customer service on this matter because they have to capacity to look into whats is happening in your account and they can provide exact information for this transaction.  You may contact them via email or chat.  How? , 

Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to their Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which they can interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page there is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Note: There's a slim chance to get a timely response as we are in skeletal staff due to emergency.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.