Formal Complaint Query?

cjazzy
Contributor
Contributor

I raised a formal compliant today against Paypal because I am very unhappy with Paypal's decision of rejecting a claim I made for the purchase of fake perfume. I initiated the complaint through the Paypal website and the complaint was submitted.

However there is no sign that a complaint was submitted, no reference through my control panel of a complaint and no acknowledgement of a complaint being made through my registered email.

Is this normal? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Rich

Hello cjazzy,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I'm sorry that your case was denied and that you have not received an update about your complaint. Formal complaints are received and reviewed in the order they are received. You will receive an update as soon as possible. 

In regards to your case, you may have the option to appeal the case if you have any additional evidence to provide. Here is a link with additional information: https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/can-i-appeal-paypal%E2%80%99s-decision-on-my-claim-faq20....

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

cjazzy
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your assistance.

Unfortunately there is no link for the  "appeal the outcome" through the webpage you provided.  I have gone into closed cases and view and there is no option to appeal the outcome, even at the bottom of the page?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Thanks for the follow-up. If the case was closed over 10 days ago or the case is not eligible for an appeal, the button will not be there. However, you can always contact PayPal customer service to request an appeal if necessary. Your request may be denied but your request will be reviewed. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.