Formal Complaint Form

Buckland101
Contributor
Contributor

I am making a formal complaint against PayPal being handled by the Financial Ombudsman. When I follow the links to the complaint form and submit it, I am sent to 'My Messages' page upon completion (which shows aprior support enquiry to PayPal) and I receive no confirmation of the form being confirmed sent or any confirmation email.

I know PayPal like to misdirect, and to online help pages that do not answer or serve the purpose, but I would like to know if they are simlpy directing me to send a message or if that the online form was actually submitted.

Failing that, Is there a formal complaint email address for PayPal? I am aware that it is highly unlikely for PayPal to have a responsive email address, but I find this a shocking process for a corporation claiming to be a Financial Insititution that has no simple, legallly required, complaints procedure.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

dianem
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, do you know if they received your complaint? I am having exactly the same problem. It feels as though if they don't acknowledge the complaint thye think that it will go away.  I sent my complaint in again with a screen recording of me submitting it so that they can't say they didn't receive it. Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Buckland101 

@dianem 

All the information to file a formal complaint is in paypals user agreement (select correct one for your country).

If not response you can file with their regulators. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.