Faulty goods

alfadevon
Contributor
Contributor

Message to PayPal forum

29th September 2020

Hi everyone

I purchased a power washer on Ebay in January from a company in who had the Power washer here in the UK. But they were based in China.

It started to develope a oil leak between the Engine and the High Pressure Water Pump. The machine also at one point cut out and would not start again. I got in touch with the company trading as Best-Home-Gardens, and they sent this message seen below. I sent a short video of the oil leak as they  requested. But they are not interested in refunding. The Manual that came with the Power Washer gave a Aldi email address. I phone Aldi. They told me that people buy from them and re-sell on Ebay and unless I have the original receipt they cannot help. But they gave me the phone number of the repair people in Switzerland. I phoned them and they did not have the particular machine listed, so would not accept the machine for repair. Back then to Aldi and they could not help unless I had the original receipt. The Chinese seller did not answer when I asked for the receipt. 

I have tried getting on to Ebay and that is not easy as there is to provision to email. PayPal listened when I phoned but told me to get in touch with the credit card  people at my bank. They set up dispute for me. Now after two months phoned me today to say that the dispute is over the time limit and to get back to PayPal. I do not have a credit account with PayPal I use my own credit account that I have with my Bank. 

I have almost run out of patience. I need to work but did not want to have the machine repaired due to invalidating any chance of a refund.

I am looking for a simple way around this maze. Can any one who has had something similar Help Please. Allen 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.