Fake proof of delivery

LiberatorBoats
Contributor
Contributor

I recently ordered a pneumatic air jack from an ad on Facebook. I never received it. I notified Paypal after 3 weeks. They denied my claim because the seller provided delivery confirmation. This air jack weighs about 30 lbs, so I was looking for it with UPS or Fedex. Turns outs that the tracking number they provided was US Mail. I remembered getting a small envelope with something that looked like a key chain in it. It had some chinese writing on it with no explanation of what it was. Evidently, this is what this seller is shipping to provide fake delivery info. I read the reviews after this and turns out every single person never got thier product. Why won't Paypal look into this? Thanks, <removed>

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LiberatorBoats 

You opened a dispute for non receipt of item and the seller provided trackable proof of delivery so they won.

You should have opened a dispute for item received but not as described.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then why not try a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LiberatorBoats
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a dispute saying I did not recieve the item. I still have not recieved the item

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The seller provided proof of delivery. These companies know how to scam people by delivering a small cheap item. PayPal doesn’t care what you got as long as proof of delivery is made. If you used your credit card you can dispute it with them.  Otherwise you’re stuck with the cheap product I.e. fraudulent item.

If you’re thinking that it’s not fair, you’re right. PayPal sees the same companies using fraudulent practices for sales but keeps making money from you. 

Research is vital. 

Login to Me Too

LiberatorBoats
Contributor
Contributor

I never would have bought something off Facebook, but I figuered I'd be safe using Paypal. Guess I was wrong. Seems they only care about thier percentage. I read after on this item's reviews that there was hundreds of people scammed. I'm sure Paypal **bleep** them too!

Login to Me Too

pdeabreu88

Same thing just happened to me, for $99. Its ridiculous that PayPal takes a vendor's side over its customers. Part of the reason I used PayPal as my payment method this time was because I was under the impression it would be secure and guaranteed - now I know they don't have our best interest.
@LiberatorBoats 
@Dell14z 
@kernowlass  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.