Fake nest.com website

ToddHurley
Contributor
Contributor

I submitted all the documentation in the chat room. I purchased online what I thought Was Nest.com but it was actually a scam a website setup to look like nest.com at 40 to 50% off the regular price. The actually web address was Nsonline.pw. I ordered a nest hub, google nest Yale door lock, google nest WiFi router with 2 points, and the Nest Doorbell for 694.00. Actual I paid through PayPal, which was the only option ; I immediately contacted Nest. The said they only have 4 authorized retailers to sell their product. Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Best Buy. That’s when I started feeling uncertain about my purchase. I tried contacting the sellar on Aug. 5th and had no response. Then I contacted PayPal on Aug. 6th. to file a dispute. I purchased on the Aug. 5th.. I need your help please. If you check the tracking number on the receipt it says LY356935524CN. That’s the same tracking number on the small white envelope they sent that included a cheap phone case. Please someone help me get money back? Thank you!! Todd <removed>PayPal has closed out the case because it said I didn’t upload any documentation. I have uploaded the documents as I was chatting with someone from PayPal. Last I chatted with someone from PayPal. The sellar sent me a return address to send back the phone case but it was in Chinese. PayPal said they would translate it for. I waited several days then contacted PayPal back and they told me to be patient. They sent that translated by their corporate office and will have it back to me soon. Never received the translation and the next day the dispute was closed because I didn’t upload any documentation to prove my case. But I did. I’m very confused and don’t know what to. I’ve since tried to open another claim 2 more times. All it says is there has been an error and it’s probably on our (PayPal) end. The the new dispute gets automatically sent to a closed case. I’ve tried calling PayPal because I’m not the most tech savy but it always says the call volumne is higher than expected and cannot take any calls. I don’t want for this scam company from China to get away with my $694.00. I don’t know what to do. Can someone please help me? See below: As Vince Lombardi said—Individual commitment to a group effort is what makes teamwork, a company work, society work, and a civilization work. On Aug 30, 2020, at 9:43 PM, Hello Todd Hurley, We received the case(s) you filed on August 7, 2020. We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because the dispute was submitted with insufficient information/documentation to support the claim and we were unable to obtain the required information/documentation after requesting it from you. We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s). Transaction information: Dispute Case ID: PP-D-79727575 Transaction Amount: $694.96 USD Dispute Amount: $694.96 USD Transaction ID: 9AG743071M616853Y Transaction Date: August 5, 2020 Thanks, PayPal Help &amp; Contact | Resolution Center | Security Please don't reply to this email. To get in touch with us, click Help &amp; Contact. Copyright © 1999-2020 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at <removed>. PayPal PPC000032:1.51:36fe74cc55247

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

CindyPCF20
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same here. The tracking was LY464576304CN. And now I was at the point to return the junk white packaged cell case to:

<removed>

It will cost me about sixty some bucks to have it return with a tracking. 

I am considering take the case to my credit card.

Login to Me Too

CindyPCF20
Contributor
Contributor

Guess what, PayPal decided to refund me without sending that cell case back. They did the right thing. Way to go, PayPal.

Login to Me Too

jpdingdong
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed as well tonight. I because suspicious when I didn't get a rcpt. I use AMEX with PayPal and called them immediately and they will freeze the transaction as soon as it posts. I saw a msg from PayPal in Chinese. This site needs to be shut down.

Login to Me Too

ToddHurley
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely. When this happened to me I reported it to nest. It took me 2 months to get my money back because PayPal was very difficult to deal with. I also filed a complaint with the FBI Internet Fraud Division. Internet crime complaint with the IC3.
Login to Me Too

jpdingdong
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the feedback
Login to Me Too

ToddHurley
Contributor
Contributor
Keep pestering PayPal; don’t give up.
Login to Me Too

JennyC4
Contributor
Contributor

I just got scammed, too. The fake Nest website came up within the first few searches on Google.

https://neststore.nsprosite.com

I got suspicious when I did not get a confirmation email from Nest. I spent $400.

I canceled my order within 24 hours by email, which the fake terms on the site say you can request refund for any reason 24 hrs after purchase. I don't know if this will help me or not at this point.

Within 24 hours I also filed a dispute online with PayPal which was denied right away.

Then shortly after being denied by PayPal, PayPal sends me an email with a tracking number from the fake site.

I guess now I wait for my prized cheap $400 phone case like everyone else.

How to get my $$ back at the point?

Login to Me Too

ToddHurley
Contributor
Contributor
Keep pestering the heck out of PayPal. Send all your documentation and do not give up. 1 time you’ll seem like you finally have a sympathetic ear then another PayPal rep. Will respond sorry you haven’t provided enough evidence and turn you down. Make certain you go to the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. Type IC3 on google search. File a complaint then also send that as part of your evidence to PayPal. Because it’s the last thing they will have you do before they refund your money. I also threatened to put them on BBB Better Business Bureau if they didn’t comply.
Login to Me Too

GovnerNYC
Contributor
Contributor

I did the exact same thing.  PayPal closed my case because the fraudulent seller uploaded a tracking number and sent me the cheap phone case.  You know PayPal is an intelligent company, so they sure as heck know what is going on.  So can I set up a fake website, scam people out of hundreds of dollars, and upload a tracking number and PayPal is just going to sit back and pretend that everything is ok?  Think about it... this is happening to many many people, Ive been researching and reading about this exact scam on many message boards since I was also scammed.. but why does it keep happening despite Googel and PayPal having been alerted to this so many times.... Well, Google has the power to easily take this fake site off the internet but doesn't and it keeps showing up at the top of their search page, why?  because this seller is buying Google Adwords and every time its clicked on Google gets paid.  It doesn't bother them because they know that website doesn't actually ship the Nest products, so its no competition.  After we realized we are scammed, if we still want the Nest products we will end up buying them again from one of the 4 retailers that Google has approved to sell them at the price they fixed.  Then PayPal, being the preferred payment method of this fraudulent site, makes a commission off of every sale that we get tricked into making.  I know my seller account on PayPal is charged 2.9% + $0.30 for each transaction.  So I spent $609.98 which means PayPal kept $17.99 of my money and gave the rest to the person running the fake site in China.  So, Google got their AdWords money, and I still have no Nest Product, and Paypal got their $17.99 and pretends to not understand the concept of just mailing a piece of crap in an envelope and we are out $609.98 + spending hours of time researching this and the stress of trying to figure out how to get our money back while meeting all of the PayPal deadlines before they just close our case.  Hmmm.... keep $17.99 per person that get scammed or give back $609.98???  PayPal is a lot smarter than this, they know exactly what is going on.  ...and what about this Buyer Protection promise?  I meet all the criteria to have my money returned, no question, but they haven't.  And when the seller uploaded a bogus tracking number PayPal released my money to them, but now they want me to pay more money, $65 shipping to return the stupid iPhone case back to the company and will only give my money back after the company verify they received it.  We all know they are not going to give Paypal the verification to authorize a refund.  They will just take that phone case and send it to the next unfortunate person that searches for Nest products (Pays Google Search) buys from the bogus site (Pays PayPayl Seller fees) and gets the run around (loosing hundreds of dollars.  SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG HERE.  SO MANY PEOPLE AND THIS IS ONLY ONE FAKE SITE OUT THERE.  IMAGINE HOW MUCH GOOGLE AND PAYPAL IS SCAMMING US ALL EVERY DAY?    $17.99 from me, $15 from  you, $19 from the next $14 from your neighbor ....etc etc, it adds up very quickly.....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.