Fake Patagonia website

A-Loto
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased on a website that looked exactly like Patagonia?

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

MDCF
Contributor
Contributor
I sat with my son in December 2020 as he chose a Patagonia sweatshirt, on what appeared to be a Patagonia website. It arrived at least a month later without any receipt inside or order number, and it did not resemble the product we ordered. We used PayPal to purchase this and having read this site I can see that we were using a scammed site. We have requested PayPal look into this matter. We also requested a return through the company. This is very frustrating.
Login to Me Too

A-Loto
Contributor
Contributor

After reading more threads in the community, I’ve seen a pattern of fraudulent scams that PayPal refuses to address.

They are a dinosaur in the emerging world of financial tech companies and unless necessary, I would not use them.

Square, Apple Pay and more, are so much more responsive and responsible towards their customers money.

The Chinese scammers know this about PayPal and are using it like a cow, milking every drop from unaware customers.

By the way...fine print in PayPal’s policy prohibits its customers from starting  class action law suits.

I guess they knew there would be plenty....I’d chalk this up to live and learn and ...leave!

Login to Me Too

Flex89
Contributor
Contributor
I received today my order. It‘s 100% fake (compared it to existing clothes), very poor quality and also received wrong articles. I wrote now to Patagonia for a fake check of the scammer-shop to foward it to paypal. Maybe this will help to get the money back. Keep you updated
Login to Me Too

scamedinNH

I JUST GOT SCAMED. TRYING TO RESOLVE WITH PAY PAL. NO RESOLVE YET

Login to Me Too

Flex89
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve got an offer for a total refund when I‘m sending the goods back to China. So they will be destroyed by customs on the way to China because they are fake and I also have to pay the transportation costs? That‘s ridiculous...
Login to Me Too

A-Loto
Contributor
Contributor

At this point PayPal is practically in collusion with fraudsters...report e-commerce fraud to the FBI directly and chalk it up to live and learn.

Login to Me Too

Flex89
Contributor
Contributor
After sending my goods to China, I‘ve received today the fully repayment of PP. So it worked out! GL
Login to Me Too

Jasonpius
Contributor
Contributor
How did you get in contact with the seller? Please tell me. Bought fake **bleep** for 300€ 😕
Login to Me Too

Flex89
Contributor
Contributor
Through Paypal. They’ve contacted the dealer and sent me the adress.
Login to Me Too

DiaaDiab
Contributor
Contributor

Holy Crap! I was just thinking of waiting till I receive the fake goods, then I can return and refund! We are **bleep** up here 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.