cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Patagonia website

Contributor

Fake Patagonia website

Has anyone purchased on a website that looked exactly like Patagonia?

13 REPLIES 13
Contributor

Re: Fake Patagonia website

did anyone get this resolved?
Contributor

No! It seems that there are a bunch of customers who have been scammed - we all thought that by having a Paypal account the site was legit ... how silly of us. Paypal don't seem to see this as a concern and as you will see from my and other posts the standard response seems to be 'nothing wrong with this transaction'. So, my response from now on will be to make sure that it is a CREDIT CARD payment and not Paypal on any future web purchase as with a credit card at least you do have recourse if things go wrong. Makes me wonder how long Paypal will survive if this is the level of customer service....

no resolve yet. still at it

Contributor

This particular scam actually created an exact duplicate Patagonia site with too good to be true prices... However, I’m not a big shopper so I bought in. I finally did receive a package with poorly made items that did not resemble the descriptions at all of the items I bought. They all were extremely poor quality. In my opinion, PayPal should protect its customers who, after all believe in the security of their site. I would suggest a getting together class action suit against PayPal for those people that did not receive any merchandise, but we’re completely scammed.
Contributor

Are PayPal getting a commission on these scams as I don’t understand why they continue to let it happen and can’t do anything about it 😞
New Community Member

Same here.  I made a claim within 30 minutes of my purchase and was told I could not cancel even when I told Paypal that the site was selling counterfeit goods and stole the frigging Patagonia online catalog.  My claim is still open.  The piece of crap jacket came today, poorly made, poorly sized, no invoice or receipt, with fake Patagonia labels.  Why does Paypal allow this business to continue to use it? They MUST know by now that it is a complete fraud.

Contributor

Just had this happened to me now too 😞 PayPal don’t seem to be able to do anything - if I had just used my credit card or debit card they can do an instant chargeback so I’m not even sure what is the point me using PayPal anymore 😞 terrible robotic customer service the agent copy paste reply
Contributor

Yes! Scammed out of about 70 euros, paid through Paypal. Raised it in the Resolution Centre and was swatted aside a day later. Will give it one week to see if I receive any goods - highly unlikely from what I am reading here. At that point I will delete my account, wave goodbye to Paypal and then proceed to spread the word among my friends of how Paypal sanctions scam companies by providing a payment platform which has no actual recourse when it is evident that the company is a complete scam. Shockingly poor attitude from a supposedly customer oriented service. I naively thought that the website was legitimate precisely because it had a Paypal payment system - how silly of me....

Is there anybody in Paypal that vets companies before they open an account or is it just 'grab what we can while we can' approach to business????

If this is Paypal's operational philosophy then I look forward to the day when it goes the same way as Myspace, Napster, Yahoo etc .. a dinosaur relic of the digital era who did not move with the times....

Contributor

I‘ve ordered also at the scam shop and made up a case after i saw that my money was transfered to a chinese account and i don‘t get any order-confirmation. They will send me the feedback today. I‘ll hope to get the money back, because to pay with Paypal was before the scam a trust sign for me. When they can‘t help me and let the scammer continously do his fake business, then this will be my last transfer with Paypal.