Fake Patagonia website

A-Loto
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased on a website that looked exactly like Patagonia?

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

BobL1988
New Community Member
Exact same thing happened too me. Silly to fall for something like this, it was too good to be true. Hoping to get is resolved through PayPal.
Login to Me Too

SHM2
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck on that, they have denied my claim for 85.00.  Ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

SHM2
Contributor
Contributor

Same exact same here, 85!  I reported it immediately, did finally receive such terrible merchandise, and IF I return it, can get a refund.  Will cost 80 to return!  What has happened to Paypal????

Login to Me Too

victoria8969
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the middle of an open case, and now reading this forum I don't have high hopes in getting it resolved.  Next time I will not use paypal, and will just go back to using my credit card because I know that they will refund my money without jumping through ridiculous hoops, I clearly have all the evidence that I needed, plus seeing that this has happened to many other people, I am not sure why there is even a debate as to whether to refund my money! I have not received the product yet, but I was charged $158.  I have been with PayPal a long time, and have never had issues in regards to disputing things, thats why I always use them at check out. Lesson learned! Customer about to be lost if they make the wrong decision on my claim.

Login to Me Too

djnags
Contributor
Contributor

I got my money back.  The merchandise is counterfeit.  i also told Paypal to look at this forum and the complaints and to look at the site. They have no business assisting a scam.

Login to Me Too

SHM2
Contributor
Contributor

good luck!

Login to Me Too

Help39
Contributor
Contributor
Just had this happened to me now too 😞 PayPal don’t seem to be able to do anything - if I had just used my credit card or debit card they can do an instant chargeback so I’m not even sure what is the point me using PayPal anymore 😞 terrible robotic customer service the agent copy paste reply
Login to Me Too

djnags
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal refunded my money.  The merchandise is counterfeit and the site is a scam. Paypal contributed to it.

Login to Me Too

SeanCo
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! Scammed out of about 70 euros, paid through Paypal. Raised it in the Resolution Centre and was swatted aside a day later. Will give it one week to see if I receive any goods - highly unlikely from what I am reading here. At that point I will delete my account, wave goodbye to Paypal and then proceed to spread the word among my friends of how Paypal sanctions scam companies by providing a payment platform which has no actual recourse when it is evident that the company is a complete scam. Shockingly poor attitude from a supposedly customer oriented service. I naively thought that the website was legitimate precisely because it had a Paypal payment system - how silly of me....

Is there anybody in Paypal that vets companies before they open an account or is it just 'grab what we can while we can' approach to business????

If this is Paypal's operational philosophy then I look forward to the day when it goes the same way as Myspace, Napster, Yahoo etc .. a dinosaur relic of the digital era who did not move with the times....

Login to Me Too

Flex89
Contributor
Contributor
I‘ve ordered also at the scam shop and made up a case after i saw that my money was transfered to a chinese account and i don‘t get any order-confirmation. They will send me the feedback today. I‘ll hope to get the money back, because to pay with Paypal was before the scam a trust sign for me. When they can‘t help me and let the scammer continously do his fake business, then this will be my last transfer with Paypal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.