Fake Patagonia website

A-Loto
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased on a website that looked exactly like Patagonia?

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

TraceyBia
Contributor
Contributor
did anyone get this resolved?
Login to Me Too

SeanCo
Contributor
Contributor

No! It seems that there are a bunch of customers who have been scammed - we all thought that by having a Paypal account the site was legit ... how silly of us. Paypal don't seem to see this as a concern and as you will see from my and other posts the standard response seems to be 'nothing wrong with this transaction'. So, my response from now on will be to make sure that it is a CREDIT CARD payment and not Paypal on any future web purchase as with a credit card at least you do have recourse if things go wrong. Makes me wonder how long Paypal will survive if this is the level of customer service....

Login to Me Too

Busybeeee
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this happened to me too. I ordered a sweater from what I thought was Patagonia's website but was a scam and I received a fake Patagonia sweater from FBM <Removed address> with no package slip or receipt. I just got an email from PayPal after I reported this fraud and they told me they will not refund me because "I authorized the transaction". Not what I expected from a company whose business model is predicated on security for online purchases. I am appealing the decision and will close my account for good if it's not resolved by PayPal. This fraud is clearly documented even on their own forums, what garbage customer service.

Login to Me Too

scamedinNH

no resolve yet. still at it

Login to Me Too

djnags
Contributor
Contributor
My money was refunded
Login to Me Too

LEAHWETZEL308

Can you please tell us how?

Login to Me Too

A-Loto
Contributor
Contributor
This particular scam actually created an exact duplicate Patagonia site with too good to be true prices... However, I’m not a big shopper so I bought in. I finally did receive a package with poorly made items that did not resemble the descriptions at all of the items I bought. They all were extremely poor quality. In my opinion, PayPal should protect its customers who, after all believe in the security of their site. I would suggest a getting together class action suit against PayPal for those people that did not receive any merchandise, but we’re completely scammed.
Login to Me Too

Help39
Contributor
Contributor
Are PayPal getting a commission on these scams as I don’t understand why they continue to let it happen and can’t do anything about it 😞
Login to Me Too

djnags
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.  I made a claim within 30 minutes of my purchase and was told I could not cancel even when I told Paypal that the site was selling counterfeit goods and stole the frigging Patagonia online catalog.  My claim is still open.  The piece of crap jacket came today, poorly made, poorly sized, no invoice or receipt, with fake Patagonia labels.  Why does Paypal allow this business to continue to use it? They MUST know by now that it is a complete fraud.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.