Excessive risk in doing business? No response or explaination from Paypal

JoAsv
Contributor
Contributor

Reference ID: PP-009-584-497-635

Hi All,

I am struggling to get through to anyone and get answers I have sent a number of emails and tried calling up where I was on hold for 2.5hours before giving up all hope. This feels like my last shot as nothing else is yielding any results.

About 2 months ago I received an email stating Paypal wishes to close my account and wishes to part ways with me, at the time I was unsure if this is real or a fraudulent email or the grounds for such an email since being a customer for 15 years.

I began selling posters on eBay and as the sales started coming in Paypal asked me to provide proof of ID after a few weeks of sales. So I submitted all the requested information in a clear and legible fashion If there are any gaps in the information I have provided I will gladly complete I had some difficulty as I have a double barrelled surname and some of my bills I only use the first part of my surname. I was using the online chat feature to get guidance as to anything I was missing or inputting incorrectly and that was all resolved or so I thought. 

In the end I did manage to get a phone bill sorted along with my payslip as proof of address along with a copy of both my passport and drivers licence. So despite providing this info I had limited access to my account. Then a few days later I was completely locked out of the functionally of using Paypal and £800.00+ was frozen. I have been unable to continue trading or accessing my funds where I received a selling fee from eBay leaving me out of pocket. All these issues happened the space of a month!

I have been having a great deal of problems of late restoring my account I thought it best to email the community as it seems that the initial email I received was indeed genuine.

I would like to ask the grounds why may account would be closed after 15 years, only within the last few weeks I have been asked to change details that I have held since opening the account and now I am unable to withdraw fund from sales made on eBay, all of which can verified and I have had positive feedback.

I have also provided tracking numbers provided by Royal mail again this can be verified. I have also provided all the requested information asked of me to restore functionally to my account, I have recently moved back to my mother so have limited paperwork to show my proof of address but I have provided a Mobile bill, Drivers Licence, wage slip and for ID I have provided my Passport as stated above.

As stated before I would like access to my funds as I have to pay rent and will now struggle, kindly open dialogue with me to fix any issues, would appreciate a phone call (my number is on file) to aid a swift resolution. If the issue is not regarding my ID, proof or address or anything within my control it would be great to know the issue. I am an individual not a business and since this issue I cannot/don't plan to sell using the paypal platform 

Thank you all

@PayPal_Mark @PayPalEmployees @help

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JoAsv 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation OR account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.