Ebay contines to demonstrate bad customer service-ing

benNtexas
Contributor
Contributor

So Ebay closes a reslution dispute on a order/shipment that "i did not recieve", citing "your item was delivered. case closed"  Its really sad that neither Ebay or the bad seller will track down where the order was dropped off by contacting UPS and USPS and ascertaining the GPS coordinates for the drop off.  Instead, both EBAY and the Seller want to make a fool of me and say "case closed. order was delivered" via email.   Subsequently, I call Paypal and their dispute resolution center whines that they cant help me because EBAY has not closed the case.  Paypal wants me to call EBAY (waste more of my time) and tell EBAY to do their job and close the case.  I say to Paypal, thats your job and not mine.

So here I am, poor little me, who got ripped off by the seller with the help of EBAY, and the ineptitude of Paypal.  Shameful.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@benNtexas

In the event of an item not received dispute then the seller would win if a tracking number showed the item as delivered.

To be fair why should Paypal / Ebay or the seller be responsible for an item that is showing as delivered?

If the seller was forced to refund a buyer even when it says delivered then a seller would never win a dispute.

If i am incorrect and tracking DOES NOT show the item as delivered then appeal the claim closure.

Failing that if you funded your paypal payment via a card contact them and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Lastly contact the delivery agent and ask where they delivered the item.

However Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies with 2 completely separate policies for non receipt of item. So you can't file a Paypal dispute until the Ebay dispute has been closed.

So if you have not opened a Paypal dispute yet then you may be able to when Ebay close their dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

benNtexas
Contributor
Contributor

The purpose of "tracking numbers" for packages is that they can be tracked with exactness.  The tracking information has dates, times and addresses.  When sellers use the "tracking" system, then they are entitled to have the exact information as to where and when their goods are ultimately delivered.  In my case, the seller and ebay said "the tracking information shows delivered".  But what the seller and ebay refused to provide is the exact address the package was delivered to. 

It is not my responsibility to contact UPS and then USPS to inquire where they delivered the package to.  And when they delivered the package to a different address, is it then my responsibility to drive to that address to pick up the package?  Of course not.   This is the 100% responsibility of the seller. And its ebays responsibility as well, since the purchase was made thru their system. In any case, I called Ebay and raised proverbial hell about all the time and effort I had spent on this matter.  They agreed to refund my money.  But all of this would of been 100% unnecessary if the seller and ebay had done due diligence to ascertain the exact address the package was delivered to via the "tracking system".

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@benNtexas

Nope not true, if tracking shows as 'delivered' then that is an end to it.

And it is your responsibility as the seller and Paypal have done all that was required of them ie sent an item trackable that shows as delivered.

So its up to you to contact the courier to find where your item is.

You don't have to of course if you don't want to bother finding your item.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

benNtexas
Contributor
Contributor

While I can appreciate your responsiveness, I 100% know you dont understand consumer and civil laws. While I wont spend time arguiing with you, I can provide why your notion is flawed.   Just because there is a citation that a tracked package was "delivered", this isnt proof that it was delivered to the right address.   A 100% plausible scenario can be if the seller transposes the block number on the label or the delivery driver misreads the address.    So unless the seller proves the item was delivered to the correct address, the seller is 100% not off the hook.

In the meantime, please feel free to live by your own notion, like ordering a pizza online and pay it with your credit card.  And when the pizza is delivered to 1000 smith street instead of 1000 smith drive where you may live, please go over to that house and ask for your pizza - if any of it is left.

However, since the responsibility lays with the buyers, according to your logic, then what we expect for you do to is to re-order a pizza and pay for it again because it wasnt the pizza joints and the delivery guys fault.  They had "delivered it".

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.  Consider this case closed, but open for future reference.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@benNtexas

All of which is pointless as tracking has to show delivery to the paypal registered addy of the buyer.

So if paypal and the seller say it was delivered to your address and tracking shows that then thats the end of it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.