Disputing a Guest Transaction

AKFOTOG
Contributor
Contributor

I have a PayPal account; however, I made a purchase from a guest account from a vendor overseas (Facebook advertised).

The item I received is not the item I ordered and after going back and forth with the vendor, it was stated that I can get a full refund, but shipping costs are on me.  

Ordered was a "large" portable camera bag and I received instead "a cheap little ring" instead.  The vendor is obviously not on the up and up, stating that he would give me a 15% refund if I kept the ring (which I don't need), instead of making arrangements for a swap of merchandise (at his expense).

Probably a mute point now, but any ideas on how I may address this is appreciated.  I will be sending FB a note as well regarding their advertisements.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AKFOTOG 

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AKFOTOG
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.