Disputes

Basset007
Contributor
Contributor

Have an open dispute. Seller says cannot issue refund due to open dispute. I am willing to close dispute if refund is issued but I don’t trust the seller to follow through. I paid with PayPal if they issue a refund as they said they would the case would be settled. I’m confused

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Basset007

If you had to close a dispute for a refund to be issued then it would be pointless having a dispute process in the first place wouldn't it?

Of course they can refund you and when they do that automatically closes the dispute.

They are trying to get you to close the dispute and then they can ignore you as you can't open a second dispute for the same transaction.

If you haven't already then escalate the dispute to a claim and let paypal sort it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Basset007

If you had to close a dispute for a refund to be issued then it would be pointless having a dispute process in the first place wouldn't it?

Of course they can refund you and when they do that automatically closes the dispute.

They are trying to get you to close the dispute and then they can ignore you as you can't open a second dispute for the same transaction.

If you haven't already then escalate the dispute to a claim and let paypal sort it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Basset007
Contributor
Contributor
Have been waiting over a month for package, which was promised within 20 days. I was out of town and my neighbor was handling my mail. The package required a signature, which she didn’t feel comfortable doing. The postman took it back and said it would be returned to shipper. The original tracking says undelivered. I now have no package and am sure the company which has terrible reviews will say they never received it. Caught between a rock and a hard spot. PayPal is and has been reviewing since September 13th. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I never had package even in my hands
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.