#Disputes #fraud

Taylorashton
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased some items of clothing from a seller that was being heavily promoted to me on Facebook and Instagram last year in November. The items did t arrive in time for what I needed in late December so I looked at comments on their Facebook page as I was worried I’d been scammed. In the comments people were saying how the site is a scam and they never received their items. I went to PayPal and filed a dispute, after filing the dispute a package arrived, it was half of the items I ordered, however the quality was terrible, it wasn’t what they advertised. The most expensive item wasn’t in the package. In the dispute correspondence the seller said they would send the final item when they had it (they sold me an item they didn’t have). PayPal found in favour of the seller as they provided a tracking number. I can’t reopen or file a new dispute even though much more evidence has come out. I can’t contact anyone at PayPal at this time. I’m assuming because the seller knows I filed a dispute and they won they aren’t even going to send the other item which I’m assuming either doesn’t exist or would be horrible quality and not what was advertised. I’ve used PayPal for ten years and never filed a dispute, I’ve been fraudulently scammed out of over $400 by a site that was promoted heavily on social media and its making me wonder why I even use PayPal if they’re going to allow their customer to have money stolen and sellers to commit fraud? Is there anyone who can help or any course of action I can take? Can I speak with a person or is everything automated by PayPal now?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Taylorashton
Contributor
Contributor

Is it even possible to speak with a human being at paypal these days?

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Taylorashton thank you for reaching out to PayPal Community Forum. I hope you are all safe and doing great during this pandemic. I can imagine how upsetting it was to receive an incomplete order after you had waiting for so long and only to find out that the items you've received were different from what was described. I'm sorry that it gives you a trouble. Please be advised that due to coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions, we currently have limited customer service staffing so wait times may be longer. I suggest please contact us through our chat support channel by accessing the  Message Center page of your PayPal account. Look for the Chat support option and you will get to interact with our customer service. Please provide the case id number of the claim that you have previously filed or the transaction ID number so we can verify the eligibility of the transaction and file the correct claim for you. We can reopen the dispute and change the reason from item not received to significantly not as described. Please let the customer service know what happened after you received the item as detailed as you can. ****If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!****
Login to Me Too

Taylorashton
Contributor
Contributor

I searched "chat support" and can't find anything on the paypal website. Every time I try to contact someone the automated chat box sends me in a loop, I get nowhere, because the dispute has already been "resolved" I can't reopen it. I've had hundreds of dollars stolen by a fraudulent company and paypal is siding with them it seems. Why is there no option to call inside Australia or email? I understand the pandemic is affecting it but if Paypal can't provide customer assistance they should shut down.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.