New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Why is an opened dispute no longer shown under NOTIFICATIONS (bell icon) in my Paypal account? How would I know if the email sent to me was lost?
disputes are normally accessed via the resolution centre.
Well duh, of course I know that, but when NEW case does not show under BELL icon you will not know there is a case opened against you unless you receive an email from Paypal or unless you see it as NEW MESSAGE under the bell icon on Paypal website, but since and if the email sent to you by paypal is lost and the bell does not show the NEW case is opened, would you be visiting the Paypal Resolution Center (which is usually very hard to find on Paypal dot com) on a daily basis to check whether your "favourite" case is opened against you? That may create an energy which attracts chargebacks. In other words, for those who still did not get it, here's the scenario:
1. A case is opened against you, let's say an unfair chargeback because of the COVID-19 madness their order takes too long to arrive via mail for no fault of the merchant (but arrives later, much later, often too late, which makes the buyer a sort of thief of impatience).
2. Paypal sends you an email (sometimes they fail to do it or sometimes the email is lost not only in the SPAM folder but somewhere else).
3. The Paypal interface that always is lacking fails to pop up a red "NEW" under "BELL" icon there somewhere up in the top part of the Paypal.com page.
4. Now what happens is you MISS the notification and thus do not respond timely to the case opened against you.
5. You're **bleep** because Paypal website is a mess or is lacking and they were notified, but will they repair it? Do you even care or would you wait until this happens to YOU?