Dispute & Resolution - Known Scam - ShopLauer

hlpjapmom
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all!  I have attempted on multiple occasions to get resolution, escalate my case and contact customer service relative to this fraudulent sale.  We PAID $99.94 for an item from "Dexter Nottage" aka Blake Corwin on 4/13/20 at 10:22 am.  The "seller" provided "tracking" for an item, allegedly delivered to my address, on 4/4/20 (9 days BEFORE the item was ordered).  It also said it was delivered to my mailbox when it clearly will not FIT in a mailbox (it was supposed to be a decompression table).  

When I contacted PayPal and provided them very clear evidence of the transaction being fraudulent, attaching the tracking showing the incorrect dating, emails that I have sent to the alleged seller (with no response).  I have since researched this company and discovered that it no longer exists and there are MANY identical stories.  The link to this item is no longer available, nor is ShopLauer, in my searches.  

I'm most disappointed as PayPal did not appear to legitimately review the documentation prior to their "findings" nor was there an opportunity to escalate presented prior to my case being closed.  From there, I attempted an "Unauthorized Transaction" complaint and it too, was closed without resolve or consideration.  Since, I have not been able to initiate another case.  I did submit a customer service request and have heard nothing from PayPay.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get resolve and a refund???  Appreciate any guidance or help you can provide!!!  Thanks and Happy Mother's Day!!!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Bauslady115
Contributor
Contributor
I did not attempt to go through PayPal because after reading how PayPal did nothing, I am currently going through my bank disputing. I paid the exact same amount for a DEEP FREEZER on 4/18 emailed a week later for a status and I still haven't heard anything. 5/9 tried pulling the website up and it was no longer there. PAYPAL NEEDS TO BE BOYCOTTED!!
Login to Me Too

Psueda
Contributor
Contributor

I  ordered a RV leveling kit from ShopLauer. The item was shipped and received at UPS in my city in less than 12hrs.I have spoke with UPS and they claim that the tracking number was from Amazon. The item was received by someone at UPS. I made a claim with PP and they sided with seller because they had a tracking number .They have not been very helpful.I don't know what else to do.

Login to Me Too

Cowgirlash
Contributor
Contributor
Shoplauer.com victory is mine !!! ‎May-28-2020 04:58 Yall after 3 months of fighting i finally have obtained a refund. So I thought id share how to go about it and possibly save you all the hassle. First file your case with paypal as item not recived . Get in touch with the shipper who supposedly has the " tracking number " provided by shoplaure.com to pay pal . Tell the shipper what has happened and that pay pal is asking for written documentation that you are not the one to recive the package . Make sure you tell the shipper that pay pal dose not need the address the package actually went to just verification it did not go to your address. As it is a breach of privacy and the shipper will not give it to you . So with mine all they where able to write was that the packge with tracking number (inserts tracking number) was not addressed to an( insert your name ). And was not delivered to ( insert your address) . Sent this on a letter head . ( it was a conversation over UPS FACEBOOK message. as both times i called i was told we dont give that info. So i got **bleep** off and went to their Facebook and asked specifically i took screen shots and sent them directly to pay pal . Who then reopened my case after it had been closed due to the seller providing a tracking number that said delivered ... case won in my favor today finally .
Login to Me Too

hlpjapmom
Contributor
Contributor
CONGRATS!!! My next step was the shipper tracking validation! Also disputing on my credit card!
Login to Me Too

alj5066
Did you get a favorable resolution on this? I also made a purchase on Shop Lauer for $99.94 on 4/13 for Power Blocks. Payment went to a Dexter Nottage “person”. A few days later I get a bogus tracking saying it was delivered on 4/9. Immediately opened a dispute with PayPal and lost. Reached out to Synchrony since it was a PayPal credit purchase and they opened a dispute. Got a letter earlier this week ruling in the sellers favor. I called again and customer service laughed and said “someone in disputes isn’t reading the case - this is clearly a scam”. Refiled the dispute and I am hoping someone actually sees the date issue rather than just looking for a tracking number. I’m so irritated about all of this. PayPal and creditors like Synchrony need to take customer disputes seriously and not just default to ruling in the sellers favor when certain “check boxes” are marked. Scammers find loopholes in systems and exploit people. This will be the death of PayPal and affiliated creditors if the lack of due diligence, on disputes, continues.
Login to Me Too

toboot65
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I was denied by PayPal too and I paid with my PayPal account.Their giving a fake UPS tracking number and people are not getting their package.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.