Dispute PayPal Credit Card transaction at Synchrony Bank instead of PayPal Resolution

ken1232
Contributor
Contributor

<TL; DR> I opened a dispute case at PayPal Resolution Center but Can I still open a dispute case with Synchrony Bank which is the PayPal CC issuing bank?

I purchased a pair of shoes from an online merchant.  The shop claimed their office is in the US, but the product was shipped from Singapore.  The product was counterfeit, and now I opened a dispute case at PayPal Resolution Center.

The seller requested me to send the product back to Vietnam.    I do not want to spend more money to ship the counterfeit product.

PayPal Resolution center is automated process.  It doesn't allow me any other action than returning the product.

Can I still open a dispute case with Synchrony?   Credit Card company usually handles dispute better than PayPal.   

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

CarsonGallo
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in similar situation right now with shoes, paid for shoes and never received them. But my issue is it's been over 180 days. And PayPal wont let me dispute through them. Can I dispute transaction older then 180 Days with Synchrony? Did you work this out?

Login to Me Too

Denise7310
New Community Member
I have this same issue and can’t seem to be able to resolve. Ugh!
Login to Me Too

ken1232
Contributor
Contributor

OP here.  <TL;DR>  I got full refund.  You can open dispute cases at PayPal or Synchrony Bank.  Do not open two dispute cases -- one with PP and another with SB simultaneously, which I did and I got double refund, and had to pay back later.  

For the record both PP customer service and SB customer service were equally professional, helpful and pleasant to work with.  I verbally explained what had happened, and neither of them required me to prove further.

Yet my personal preference is SB over PP as they worked like any other credit card companies where consumers are well protected.   PP is traditionally an escrow for the seller and the buyer where disputes turn into arbitrage process -- at least that was my experience using PP for eBay.

Login to Me Too

AZBeauty1979
Paypal denied my claim and closed it because I refused to send back a counterfeit jersey to Vietnam on my own dime. How did you find the info to go through synchrony bank? I feel like the PayPal resolution process was a waste of time!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.