Direct Debit from Bank Account but no corresponding Paypal transactions

jamiee15714
New Community Member

I have had 3 separate payments of £30.56 taken out of my account on 3 separate dates. I contacted PayPal via messaging and they said to contact the bank the first time the payment had been taken out. It got stated as a direct debit. I did this and the bank refunded me the amount. However, it got taken out again using the same reference as the first transaction 2 days after being refunded to me. The next payment got taken out 5 days after the second payment was taken out. This used a different reference as a PAYPALME. I contacted my bank and they said to contact PayPal, but there is no one answering the phones during this time and messaging takes a few hours-days to get a response. I am unsure as to how to get my money back due to the bank not refunding it and instructing me to contact PayPal. The total taken out of my account now totals £61.03. I obviously want my money back due to not making a payment to anyone for this amount. The transactions are not showing at all on any activity on my PayPal account and I do not want more money to be taken out of my account. The reference used for the first 2 'transactions' was the same used on a payment I did actually make to a company for £9.98. I have records and proof I made that transaction with the same reference. This is why I am very confused and obviously unimpressed as I am not in the know of where my money is going.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.