Dilemma with lost package

awfulcook
New Community Member

I mailed a package on Dec. 11 and the buyer still doesn't have it.  In fact, it hasn't been tracked in the past 14 days.  I was told by the post office to file a lost mail report today because of that.  I have been in contact with the buyer several times because I feel badly over this.  I am concerned even more since three packages I mailed out in the past 4 days have already made it to their destination and my daughter received something from CA in 3 days.  I am afraid this package is lost.  If I give a refund, then I am out the money as well as the item. If I don't refund this buyer if this package isn't found soon then I will feel badly.  Does PayPal have any sort of policies regarding this?  Thanks for your time. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@awfulcook 

No, you would be responsible in a dispute situation to make the buyer whole. It’s what happens with sellin’ online. If the package was insured, you can get restitution from the shipping company or third party insurer.

As part of goodwill to the customer, issue a refund with a note to apologize for the hassle. And hope that this will bring out their better nature to pay when they receive the item. If they don’t pay then you’ll know they’re scum. lol

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.