Confirm your identity - identity confirmation dashboard

Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I'm being asked to upload some documents to confirm my identity in the Identity Confirmation Dashboard, however, the documents they ask don't seem to exist in my country (Canada). Is there any human working for Paypal to help me with this? because I can't find a way to communicate with you.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Tee88
Contributor
Contributor

I find it ridiculous how such a large company that has been dealing with Canadians for so long would have a compliance department  ask for "Legal government documents" but requesting information on said document that does not exist

Have they even ever seen any of these documents?

MAJOR QUESTION : WHY is  a drivers licence which is a universal basic proof of identity not acceptable and has been rejected as Valid?

it had Name, Address, Date of Birth Even photo (so what's the deal )

NONE of these documents have DATE OF BIRTH on them

What is a valid proof of identity?
- A statement of CPP contributions from your Service Canada online account or
- A statement of Participation in the Quebec Pension Plan or
- A statement from your insurer (life, home, or auto) that contains your date of birth or
- A yearly notice of assessment (income tax return) that contains your date of birth or
- A financial statement or student record from a registered Canadian College or University (post secondary institution) that contains your date or birth.

Note: The following information must be visible on the document:
- First and last name
- Date of birth

I also would like to be able to reach a physical human who can provide a solution because this is very frustrating,
I have even gone to the extent of writing a detailed email to the compliance department as advised by customer service  explaining the issue that the docs and information they are requesting on the documents  are impossible to fulfill because they simply do not exist but all they did was resend the same email with the same list requesting the same document, as if they did not read my email.

Very Frustrated  
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

I am also very frustrated because I have never seen any of these documents. However, I know I am not lying about my identity!

More or less one year ago I got in touch with Paypal by e-mail and they couldn't give me a solution for my problem. The person who answered me didn't even know how I could get one of the documents they demanded.

Plus, in Canada these documents probably contain sensitive (confidential) information and Paypal probably has no right to have access to them. 

We are obviously dealing with a company that loves the money they earn with their clients, and which is so greedy that they won't pay for employees to help us solve our problems. It is a weird and sad world these companies try to build...

Login to Me Too

Tee88
Contributor
Contributor

I have sent them a tweet on twitter 

I find some companies respond there. hopefully it gets a response

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

@Tee88 

Tweeting them is a great idea!

Please let me know here if they give you an answer...

Login to Me Too

Tee88
Contributor
Contributor

@12345612Curious to know what stage you are at with them, have you sent them any documents as yet, do you have a confirmed bank account and or card registered ?

Login to Me Too

ethuglol
New Community Member

Hey guys first post here, I had this problem aswell and i couldn't even close my account since my bank account is linked to them. the woman I was speaking too on the phone said I could use bank statements but I just received an email saying I can't use these bank statements. seeing as i'm 19 years old I have no **bleep**ing clue what these documents are and i'll probably just start sending money in small increments and have my friend etransfer it, i recommend you guys start doing this aswell. pretty pathetic how poorly communicated throughout paypal this was to the point where the woman I talked too on the phone said the documents I sent would work but apparently they don't. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.