Claims

hem12
Contributor
Contributor
A buyer submitted a claim against me and I submitted proof through photos and messages from rBay that the buyer received what I sent and then made a copy. I also proved that during the eBay case which the buyer lost that fraud was used to circumvent my prepaid return shipping. I provided a lot of evidence and explained that the buyer is trying to use unreliable shipping because I will be able to tell that the returned item is a copy. PayPal obviously didn’t read anything I sent them and allowed the buyer to return with an unreliable method. It looks like all the buyer has to do is report that I received a delivery even if I didn’t and I have to refund $3100. I don’t even have a chance to see what is shipped back. I just received an email about this when I was going to bed and now I can’t sleep. PayPal staff in my opinion were negligent in not looking at my case information. If I lose $3100 how do I go to commercial arbitration against PayPay in accordance with the user agreement? The
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hem12 

Paypal seller protection is not a 100% guarantee of everything. So you read up on it and risk assess your transactions especially expensive ones !!

If once paypal find in favour of the buyer and they are told to return the item to the seller, the seller could say 'not the item I sent' then buyer protection would be worthless.

No way paypal can know what you say you sent OR what you say the buyer returned.

So if seller protection did not work out for you then you have the option of legal action against the buyer if you have enough evidence to go down that route. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.