Claim going nowhere

leebevan
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase through Depop on 11 May and PayPal supposedly protects my money and lets me claim a refund if needed. However when the item never arrived the seller agreed to a refund which she apparently sent. I never received any money and then opened a dispute on 1 June which she never responded to. Then I escalated it to a claim on 8 June which she still is yet to respond to. Now 20 days later PayPal is still 'awaiting seller's response' which they said was expected before 27 June. It seems to have all stopped and as she clearly isn't cooperating and I'm not sure what to do next. She also still has her Depop account active and people have bought from her since and are apparently fine. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leebevan 

Paypal are probably inundated with claims at the moment from users that have bought tat from these China websites or Social Media ads so you just have to be patient and wait your turn which hopefully will be soon.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leebevan 

Paypal are probably inundated with claims at the moment from users that have bought tat from these China websites or Social Media ads so you just have to be patient and wait your turn which hopefully will be soon.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MK622
Contributor
Contributor

My buyer is from Columbus, Ohio, USA. He figured out the problem with Pay pal dispute resolution, which is in total chaos. Everyday new representative responds with contradictory responses. I lost my item and they released funds to buyer on their own without my approval . One message said that they are holding funds and it will be in my favor of the buyer does not respond by June 27. On June 27 I got a message that they closed the case in favor of buyer who cheated me. Go figure!

Login to Me Too

AMercolino
Contributor
Contributor
THIS NO SOLUTION!
Login to Me Too

MK622
Contributor
Contributor

Agree. I am dealing with similar scenario. Messaging through costumer service is a joke. Every day someone new writes with contradicting responses. There are people out there taking advantage of the chaotic dispute resolution system. I lost my item that I sold and also Pay pal released funds to buyer. I have been messaging everyday to customer service with no use. I want people to know that using Pay Pal is not safe for either seller or buyer, only for crooks that figured out how to take advantage of Pay pal incompetency are benefiting

Login to Me Too

AMercolino
Contributor
Contributor
Is it time to close our PayPal accounts? Or what? How do we get solutions to these issues?!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.