Claim closed, Seller says I received item, but I didn’t, PayPal haven’t replied to me in 4 days??

Silvertayuun
Contributor
Contributor

I put in a claim about a week ago, as it had been 2 weeks, and my order wasn’t sent yet, and I’d contacted the seller, they never replied (I tried 3 times!) 

when they didn’t reply the third time, I opened the claim...a few hours later, I have an email, saying the claim was closed, that PayPal had been given tracking for the parcel, and I’d got it delivered already.

I’ve looked on my account page, on the sellers website, and it says there it hasn’t even been sent, but PayPal doesn’t seem to want to respond to me either, having contacted them 4 days ago now, and hearing nothing back.

is there any other way to try and get my $60 back? 😕 

im at a loss 😞

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Cathereene84
Contributor
Contributor
Hello 👋 I’m having the same issue here and I’m freaking out because it’s 250$ I tried to contact PayPal but because of the virus they are close . What did you finally did ?? I feel helpless and so rob , I have never received the order
Login to Me Too

Silvertayuun
Contributor
Contributor

I never got the item, or the money... the seller blocked me everywhere (Facebook messaging, twitter etc) and PayPal never got back to me and just closed the dispute.

Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hello @Silvertayuun & @Cathereene84, my apology that you have gone through this dilemma. I have to assume that your seller was able to provide a tracking number as we ultimatelty rely on that information to make a decision. However, we will not stop from there. I must agree that you should win this case for not getting your package. What you can do next, if you were provided a tracking number, kindly contact the shipping company to find the whereabouts of your parcel or to check if your street address is even on the address label. If the ship to address is not yours, get it in writing from the shipping office and appeal your dispute along with this evidence. Otherwise, PayPal will still rule against you even though you did not receive your item since seller provided proof of delivery. In some cases, the shipping company will not tell you the exact address as where the parcel was delivere, and that is totally fine as it is not necessary for the documents to provide the actual delivery address, rather confirmation it was not delivered to your address as intended. ***If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
P.S. Kindly Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country. Since, our phone lines are currently close due to coronavirus (covid-19) emergency, you may want to send an email or go to the message center and chat with a live agent. Or, you may consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter? You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages. It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. I hope this also hleps. Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Silvertayuun
Contributor
Contributor

It took almost 2 years to get an employee response...wow.

lets see, I never got a proper tracking number, only a bulk batch collection, which I had to ask them for several times, I contacted  Australia post before replying to the dispute I had open here, and they said the number was basically useless, as it wasn’t trackable and doesn’t even prove my package was in the bulk pickup.

i replied to PayPal then with all that info, and was promptly told something along the lines of “sorry, we’ve been contacted by the seller, and they said it was delivered, we’re closing the case now, and you can’t reopen it”

honestly, I wonder now if they were a scam shop, as a few months after I lost my money to them, their site, phone and email were all closed..

Login to Me Too

Cathereene84
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou for your kind help I have contacted already the post office for more info with the tracking number PayPal as provide me ( seller never send it to me directly) and all they have is the same info we can ourselves track online . It says nothing except that it has left the warehouse more than a month ago . Post office doesn’t have more info or name or anything at all . I have uploaded pictures of tracking info into my dispute but PayPal keep saying they are reviewing my dispute. I have never received the package at all and I don’t know what to do anymore, I feel very helpless. I do believe PayPal does not read my message or the note I left on the claim and the picture. Everything on this transaction is wrong . I have bought this at the beginning of February, now it’s April. I really don’t know what more should I do ?? I have done like you said and send proof that I didn’t receive the package at all Thankyou for your help, it’s so much appreciated
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.