Chinese copy goods of the Neck Hammock - fraud and possible non-existing return address.

Keeanue
New Community Member

Long story short, I saw the add for Neck Hammock (trademark U.S goods) and bought in all faith the Product and payed via paypal. 

Months later I received a Parcel from China, Shenchen. And not so surprising - it was unlicensed Product aka pirate goods. 

I contacted the seller, who claimed that their goods was properly quality checked. I received no more answers, despite my demand for refund. 

I escalated the case via the resolution center, and now Paypal is saying they side With me. However I need to send the goods back With tracking number and wait for seller to confirm. 

Seller has provided me with a funky address, both listing it in China and in the Great Britain. My guts tells me that seller wants to confuse me. Furthermore there is no name nor phone number provided, thus making it more difficult for a chinese Courier to track and deliver it to the correct person. While the seller is trying to stall the Whole thing, it seems Paypal does not have a good solution to help us in cases like these. I am afraid once I do find a Courier and send it off, that either address provided is fake and the seller never intends to confirm he/she will receive the goods back. Because that is what it takes for Paypal to refund me. 

What may I do now… The item cost me over 50 US dollars, and I don't want these pirate copy makers in China get away. 

Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

Cheers

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Keeanue 

You can call customer service and point out that the return address is faulty, or, if you paid with credit card, dispute exclusively through card issuer instead as their terms are broader than paypal's. 

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Keeanue
New Community Member

I will try and Call during Office hours, thanks alot for the advices 🙂

To everyone else, be aware of those pop-up ads on Facebook and what not. These scammers use real Companys advertising and marketing materials. Everything looks Authentic until the day you get the goods in Your mailbox… Then you realise you payed full price for something that was a copy good only Worth 5 dollars. 

Paypal got to do theirs to prevent users from loosing to these scammers! I for once woudl still want to continue using paypal when i shop going forward. So please hear my plea.

Login to Me Too

Sinnylg8
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I’ve had exactly the same problem. I have opened a dispute but even if I could rely on getting the correct address to post these incorrect hammocks to, from Australia, this would cost me $AU90 for the two items as my grandsons can’t even fit in them being 6’ and close to 6’! I’m so angry as these were very extravagant gifts that I wanted to give them as I live on an aged pension only. So so disappointed for them
Login to Me Too

Keeanue
New Community Member

I will Call paypal on phone and explain the problem. Surely this Neck Hammock SCAM is not the first or second time they have been a payments medium for nor are we the first or second customer complaining. 

I will follow this up, it is not acceptable these types of frauds. 

Login to Me Too

MY-Canuck
Contributor
Contributor

@Keeanue 

Chinese sellers send in bulk to logistics in the UK who will then forward to European countries at lower prices. 

They really don’t care if you send the item back because it’s junk they sent to you.

Send to them via your local post office as registered item with tracking.. Do not send by courier.

Good luck.

Kudos appreciated..
Remember if anything seems to good to be true, chances are it is!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.