Chinese Compaies Fraud

zanani

How many people have been defrauded by a Chinese companies where the advertise merchandise and when you receive it its totally something else??

then when you dispute it you get a long long time for them to respond to wear you out and give up, but if you don't give up then the ask you to ship the items back to china where it will coast you more than the item it self!!!!!!!!

HERE IS THE KICKER the send you an address in Chinese where it's not accepted by any carrier..... can someone please tell me what to do???

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Boop1040
Contributor
Contributor

I am going through the same problem right now.  I ordered something in May.  By June it still had not arrived.  Suddenly a small package with the tracking number they gave me did arrive.  However, it was not the 11 piece cast iron ovenware set I ordered.  It was a cheap pair of sunglasses!!!  I sent all the original orders to Paypal along with the correspondence I received from China.  Now Paypal says I will get my refund if I return the product that they sent.  They gave me an address that is i CHINESE!!! Don't think the USPS is going to understand it.  So I wrote to the seller asking him to send me a return address in ENGLISH and I will be happy to return the junk they sent.  I probably won't hear back for another month, if ever.

This is a scam and Paypal should be alerted to this and find a way that their customers aren't expected to go through hoops to get their money back. 

Login to Me Too

zanani

I think this an opportunity and open season on paypal client since paypal are helping them by letting them slide through, they should close all of those Chinese companies con artists accounts. 

Login to Me Too

TomTheHelper
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am as well sorry to hear this.

Usually, some specific Chinese sellers sent something way different to be able to use the information that they've received through the transaction to rate their or other products from parent companies.

It is an elaborate but clean type of scam which is usually very easy to resolve.

Once again, sorry to hear this.

Sincerely,

Tom.

Login to Me Too

Boop1040
Contributor
Contributor

How is it easy to resolve?  Paypal is siding with the seller although there are pages and pages of complaints regarding fraudulent Chinese companies sending people items that they didn't order, items that are usually just pieces of junk and Paypal wants you to send that piece of junk back so more time can pass before the actual refund occurs (if ever).  Meanwhile, it is not just the money, it is the time wasted with emails and correspondence to Paypal and to the seller.  Months of aggravation and frustration.  All those things combined make this experience way more outlandish than it should be.  Shame on Paypal!! You would think they would stop letting these scammers utilize their services to rip off their customers.

Login to Me Too

TomTheHelper
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about this.

I'd like to inquire if you've made a claim on the transaction which was made to buy the product. If you have, I'd like you to escalate it for Paypal to review with all necessary information (link of the product you bought, pictures of what you've received, etc...).

I hope we can fix this.

Sincerely,

Tom.

Login to Me Too

zanani

Hello Tom,

yes I did this is Case ID: PP-D-71187679 and this is what I got back from the resolution center in response:

please return the item to the seller and provide a tracking number.... LOL.... first they should provide the return label since they tried to defraud me ...and second the address they provided was in Chinese. 

the test don't allow Chinese characters
China

Login to Me Too

TomTheHelper
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried copy-pasting the characters into google maps? Usually, it will show you the address on English after selecting the address even if it was written on Chinese. 

Login to Me Too

zanani

Oooh wow ….no I didn't think of that but the Idea is to scam us with this maneuvering exercises, though I shouldn't have to pay as much as the item coast to return it, this should be on the shoulder of con artist not mine

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.