Charity - can't register

bremhillbob
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to register my charity with Paypal - actually been trying to do this for a very long time.  I think I've completed everything and uploaded the various documentary evidence needed.  In reviewing the progress Paypal informs me that the documents are being reviewed but they have been there for several months so I think they have become lost.
I've messaged Paypal and had an automated reply but I'm still no further forward.
I am keen to get a resolution so that I can start taking Paypal payments through our website. Does anyone have any ideas for ways that I might be able to expedite things?

I can see a message saying "A temporary limitation has been placed on your account" and that they are wanting more information from me but I can't find out what other than the documents are being reviewed (naturally all the profile info has been completed).

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Marina

Hi @bremhillbob,

Thank you for posting in our Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble becoming a confirmed charity on PayPal. If the Resolution Center is requesting additional information, we usually send an email with the specifics of what we still need. If you're unable to find that information, please contact us directly for further assistance. You can also reach out to us by sending a private message on Facebook or a DM on Twitter

I hope this is resolved for you quickly!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

bremhillbob
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Marina, I appreciate the helpful response.
I have been in the resolution centre several times and reviewed the account limitations.  the only thing that is outstanding is the charity documents that you requested, these were uploaded some months ago and the 'in review' flag was placed on this step.  Since then I've not heard anything.

I have messaged support several times and they are good at responding - often within 24 hours but each time it feels a bit like starting again with the lovely support staff saying 'check the resolution centre'

I am really grateful for the chance to have a charity account and I don't want to be a pain - also I don't want to come across as 'nagging' or having some sort of overblown 'entitlement' complex ... I really am grateful.  I just think that I'm caught on a hook somewhere and hoping that someone can unhook me.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @bremhillbob,

I'm sorry to hear that you're account has been in review for an extended period of time. If you have reached out to our Customer Support via chat or phone but your issue has not been resolved, you can reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.