Case closed in favor of unethical seller

Escee
New Community Member

Dear PayPal Community,

I did three transactions with ISI Journals (Tech Ravity) amounting to USD 1497, to support with edits on my paper, external reviewers and publishing. However, they did not adhere to the timelines and went cold on me. I contacted Kevin multiple times; he was the manager on my case but to no avail. Later on, I contacted the ISI journals once again and found out that Kevin had left and a new person "Chris" would "help me". I initially trusted because they told me Kevin had resigned due to several issues and incomplete orders. However, later I noticed that Chris kept putting me in loops. He would ask for information I already submitted. I think they were trying to buy time until my PayPal warranty expired. I soon realized they had misrepresented themselves and publishing in 15 days with the American Journal of Education Research and Journal of Internet and Higher Education was not going to happen.

I have already submitted my cases on the resolution center. I have won one case and one is under review and one was rejected.

For Case closed due to non-evidence - Kindly note, when I realized that I was being cheated, I immediately complained to Paypal but in my nervousness and some technical glitches, I wasn’t able to attach my complete evidence file.

After both papers were submitted in the respective journals, external reviewers were to be hired for the peer review process.  In Jan 2021, Kevin shared a screen shot that the paper needs reviewers, since I didn’t know any reviewers, I asked the procedure. He then told me that they can be hired on an hourly basis, and quoted me  USD 599 for both reviews. I paid the amount but nothing was done. Since the paper was never submitted, no reviewers were ever assigned. So I feel that I deserve my full money back. Can anything be done. I called my bank but it has passed the 30 day period. The seller made me feel really unsafe. Can anyone help me.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.