Cancel before refund

Daneloverlw
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item and after further reviews decided it wasn’t something I wanted. I emailed the company to cancel the order (per site instruction) and heard nothing back at the 24 hour mark. I opened a dispute. They now say I have to cancel the dispute to refund the money. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daneloverlw 

Trouble is paypal don't cover you for buyer remorse, so if the seller doesn't cancel and sends the item you could lose any dispute.

Best to check out who you are going to buy from before you purchase.  ☹️

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daneloverlw 

Well if you cancel it you will never be able to open another one and they can then ignore you.

However i think you opened one way too soon and 'changing your mind' is not a reason for a dispute.

If you opened a dispute for non receipt of item then you would lose if the seller sends it trackable and then provides paypal with the tracking number.

If you then filed 'not as described' the only other option then you would have to send it back at your own expense ...trackable to prove delivery....before you got a refund IF and only IF paypal found in your favour.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Daneloverlw
Contributor
Contributor
The company is in China and after further review sells products that either don’t arrive or are the wrong item. I didn’t want them to even ship the item which is why I immediately within 10 minutes of the order cancelled it.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daneloverlw 

Trouble is paypal don't cover you for buyer remorse, so if the seller doesn't cancel and sends the item you could lose any dispute.

Best to check out who you are going to buy from before you purchase.  ☹️

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.