Can't return on eBay because transaction isn't showing up here

Dehl1
Contributor
Contributor

As mentioned, I'm attempting to make an international return as the item arrived faultily. I'd clicked through the 'resolve a problem' button on eBay and it states that I'm covered under the Buyer Protection Program, and they'd directed me to Paypal - except that I can't seem to locate the transaction that I'd made on that particulate date, and hence, unable to proceed on with the return. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dehl1 

Do you not see your order listed on your Purchase History? Has it been more than 30 days or longer since you placed the order? If you see your order, click More Actions and select to open a return request.  If your transaction is not listed on PayPal that means you used PayPal guest checkout and it won't list your purchase on PayPal, just on your payment method. You will either need to call PayPal customer service to open a dispute or call your bank or card company you used to pay for the order. You should have received a PayPal email with a receipt ID when you made your purchase. Have this number handy when you call PayPal.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Dehl1
Contributor
Contributor

The thing is - I just checked and realized it is a credit card purchase, but yet when I try to return, it says that I'd purchased this item under PayPal and thus, is eligible for the Buyer Protection.eb.png

Also, because I'm an international purchaser, I don't have the 'return option' when I click on more option, check out the image that I'd uploaded. The seller's from the US and I'm a buyer from Singapore, not sure how that works but I understand there's a different policy underlying international purchasers when it comes to making returns. So the dilemma now is, if eBay directs me to the Buyer Protection page even though I'd purchased this item through a personal credit card, how do I submit a case? The item had arrived faulty and the seller had also acknowledged that it is indeed faulty. 

Sorry for the lengthy post and I'm just really anxious since it's a far way out from where the seller is from + its the first time I'm encountering an issue with a purchase.

Login to Me Too

Dehl1
Contributor
Contributor

eb.png

^ as mentioned, when I tried clicking through 'resolve an issue' it directs me to the page above. There isn't another option for me to click through to solve this issue and thus I can't make the necessary steps to make this return. @sharpiemarker 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dehl1 

Contact customer service for assistance with opening or locating the dispute because no one in the forums have access to others' accounts to assist. It's just other PayPal users here:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.