Can't Use PayPayl Account Anymore - No Reason given

firemommy
Contributor
Contributor

I received a notice that my PayPayl account is closed and I "can't use PayPayl anymore" due to them 'noticing activity in my account that is inconsistent with the User Agreement".  I have literally used PayPal about 6 times - a pair of shoes, some cosmetics, and a few children's software games downloaded from Steam.  Literally nothing questionable or concerning - after waiting online 45 minutes to reach a live person, I was just told my account has a higher risk and they could offer me literally no reason for closing my account - no facts, no data, no explanation.  I have done NOTHING to violate the User Agreement - now I'm waiting again for a "supervisor" to call me.  Has anyone ever run into this???  I had a previous account I had to shut down in January 2019 due to identity theft, but it's my new account they closed.  I want to find out if I've been hacked again or what is going on, and they're treating ME like I've done something wrong and not explaining their decision - I'm so frustrated!  Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@firemommy 

Perhaps it may have something to do with your previous account. Your new account is cross-referenced to an account that was closed due to ID theft so the system flagged you as someone they thought was risky and no longer wants to do business with...ever. Have to tell them there is a misunderstanding and that you would like to use PayPal, maybe they will restore your account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

firemommy
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the reply - I’m guessing you’re right - hoping I get a call back from a supervisor. I just don’t understand the complete shutout with no interaction - really not the level of service I would expect. I will hopefully get a chance to explain / I really despise these companies that make it so difficult to reach an actual person. Don’t see why I should be penalized for having my identity stolen - adds insult to injury! Thanks.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.