Buyer request a refund after 9 month!!!

Z1makoff
New Community Member

Incredibly, it seems that the buyer will be able to return the product that he bought 9 months ago. I received a message from PayPal and from Ebay that I should deal with the buye. What should I do? Help me please.

PayPal message:

'This customer has contacted us requesting for a refund because he is having an issue with the item that he claim still covered under his warranty as he mention he already contacted consumer right training standard about this matter. It would be greatly appreciated if you could contact the customer to also avoid credit card chargeback.'

Ebay message from buyer:

I bought a Power Supply unit from you on 22 February 2019. I paid £117.50 including postage.
I now find the goods have the following fault:
The power supply Unit stopped working after 6 months,computer was built on 16 April 2019, and won't work again.
Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 goods you supply must be fit for purpose. As there was a problem with the goods when I bought them, I request that you give me a full refund.
I have enclosed a copy of the receipt in support of my claim to Trading Standards,e Bay , Pay Pal and also my bank because this was purchased on my Visa debit card all on today date 19/11/2019.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Z1makoff 

This is between you and the buyer and the UK law now. Work with the buyer. Provide a replacement, or ask for them to return it for refund or consult the Consumer Rights Agency in the UK about the law for advice.

Credit card chargeback costs $20 or equivalent for PayPal to handle so weigh your costs and options. What is cheaper? Buy a replacement unit to ship, refund original amount upon return, or chargeback fee + refund original amount.

::Jeopardy game show theme::

It's a buyer's world. And they figure sellers can always keep selling and making it back.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.