Buyer claims item not received, tracking proves delivery. Buyer escalates to claim

susanart
Contributor
Contributor

Very briefly the story. 
A customer ordered through my website. Order was shipped via Click and Drop, 5th December. 
The tracking reference shows it was delivered on the 7th (Not signed for, but all our items have the tracking reference facility) 

She emails me on 17th, saying simply 'I didn't get my parcel, got red card, but sorting office said nothing is there, refund me please' 

I replied by sending her the electronic proof of post, with the reference number displayed, and a screenshot to the tracking page, showing it was delivered. 
I get no reply. 

The next day, she opens a Paypal dispute, escalating it immediately to a claim 
I respond by adding all the same proof I sent her, and the additional screenshot of her email to me. 
My hope is that Paypal would request a photo of the red card she claimed to have received. 
Anyway, so the ball is now in her court, she has not yet responded. 

So my question is, what happens in a situation like this? 
I have buyer protection for this transaction, and I have provided tracking that says it was delivered. 

Where do I stand. 
I almost cannot bear the thought that she may win this, and have her £40 back, when I strongly suspect she is fraudulent ! 
It is due to be resolved by Paypal making a decision on Christmas eve, evening, so that will be almost too much to bear, the night before Christmas ! 

Any reassurance or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks natalie atkinson.jpg

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@susanart

If tracking shows online delivery then you should win, if the item does work its way back to you then you can ask her for a second lot of postage funds to return it as she failed to collect it from the PO?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

susanart
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, appreciate your reply. 

I hope you are right, I am hoping that the proof of delivery is enough alone, but hoping that her lack of response also works in my favour. 
I'll post the outcome on here, once it's decided 

@kernowlass wrote:

@susanart

If tracking shows online delivery then you should win, if the item does work its way back to you then you can ask her for a second lot of postage funds to return it as she failed to collect it from the PO?

Login to Me Too

Gary80
Contributor
Contributor

I have also had this problem. I have provided all the relevant information, tracking number, courier companies photo as client was not home. They have a GPS logged in as well. So proof of delivery done. Customer refuses to sign a letter stating he did not receive the parcel as requested from the courier company that I get. Why refuse? Customer claims that the courier company told him that they cannot find the parcel and then claims that they have sent it back to me and yet I have not seen any of this correspondence nor any package ( I wish! ). 

And the result? I lost and customer got his money back! I asked for a review and was told that I have not succeeded and the client will keep the refund. I cannot get a refund from the courier company as the client refused to sign the letter. I totally get the courier companies position and have no quarrel with them as their request was a reasonable one.

Now the question is how do I go about selling from my website using PayPal as a payment method when buyers know that they can just claim no delivery and in spite of proof of delivery get their money back! Just make sure your delivery is done when you are out and presto free goods thank you very much!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.