Brand new account, why then am I "temporarily limited"?

Visolara
Contributor
Contributor

I just created my account, added my CC and verified it via the small deposit.  When I went to send money for a purchase, it required I "Link" a payment method (Why did I put my CC in if it now wants me to link one?!?!?).  So I link the same CC (Why wouldn't I?).  After this, it put me into a "temporary limited" state and asked me to upload a photo ID.  I do, and a day later its still in this limited state.  Why is this so difficult?  All I want to do is send $25 to someone for a purchase, and this has been the most non-intuitive tool I have ever used.

Is there some help I can get?  I called the helpline, and they will call back in 2 hours.  Is typical practice for PayPal?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BigWoop
New Community Member

Will probably be removed by PayPal .... I don’t understand why it takes so long and is so difficult to resolve acct limitations!  Why would anyone want to bank or buy cryptocurrencies on PayPal when they find out their money and account can be locked for undetermined time for no good reason with no way to communicate to resolve quickly!  My acct now locked over 7 days with two rounds of submitting requested data.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.