Binance P2P Scam

jwy0o0
Contributor
Contributor

20 days ago, I used Binance to sell my 1900 USDTs via Paypal. It was two deals from two different persons and were successfully done. But after 30 min, Paypal hold my money and put me in a case of dispute, because these two payments they considered no authorised payment and I should wait 10 days to solve it. After 10 days, they gave back the money to the buyer and I have realised that the accounts of the buyers were hacked. Now, Paypal is asking me to pay them the transaction fees about 96 euros and I don't want it. Why should I pay to them? Is there anyone same situation as me and has solved this case?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

aaru17
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is allowing scammer to take money from honest people. Paypal just finished review my case and they refund to buyer so in total I lost $1700. Shame on you paypal.I present all documents to prove but they did not listen and refund to fraudster. 

Please PayPal dont do this. Such a frustrating experience. 

Anyone got positive response?

Login to Me Too

aya0000
Contributor
Contributor

this is their reply to me so far:

You have sold an digital product or rather said in this situation currency that is a payment equivalent and normal not covered under the Buyer/Seller protection per se. However if we receive the information that a payment was not made by the buyer it is required that you can provide us evidence that the item or digital good has been send to the buyers address.

For digital goods this evidence is mostly in form of a data-log that shows that the digital item has been either send to the buyers E-Mail or user account and we can verify that the buyer has received the item so that we can still protect you with the seller protection according to our user policy for the Buyer/Seller Protection.

https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_DE#pp-seller-protection

[...]
PayPal Seller Protection may apply when a buyer claims that:

• They did not authorize, or benefit from, funds sent from their PayPal account (referred to as an Unauthorized Transaction claim) and Unauthorized Transaction occurs in an environment hosted by PayPal.
  • They didnt receive the item from you (referred to as an Item Not Received claim)

[...]

Intangible Goods additional requirements

For the sales of intangible goods and services to be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection, the sale must meet the basic requirements and the following additional requirements:

• Integration requirements
    • Where you have integrated a PayPal checkout product, you must be using the current version of that product if you are accepting payments directly via a website or mobile optimized website.
    • Ensure you are passing session information to PayPal at checkout if you are integrated with PayPal via a third party or if you have a native app integration.
    • Other integration requirements may apply depending on your business model. We will let you know those requirements ahead of time, if needed.
  • If the transaction is a payment for digital goods or licenses for digital content, you must have paid Standard Transaction Fees on the sale (this does not apply to payment for other Intangible Goods).
  • Delivered the item and provide proof of delivery for Intangible Goods.

[...]

Intangible Goods

The following is required as proof of delivery for intangible goods:

For intangible or digital goods, proof of delivery means compelling evidence to show the item was delivered or the purchase order was fulfilled. Compelling evidence could include a system of record showing the date the item was sent and that it was either:

Electronically sent to the recipient, including the recipients address (email, IP, etc.), where applicable.
Received or accessed by the recipient

[...]

My colleague just tried to inform you, that 'payment equivalents' are not covered with buyer's and seller protection, not digital goods in general. He just expressed it wrongly.
There are several goods wich do not apply to protection e.g. cars, gold, coupons.

It is not illegal or against our policy to sell/buy these goods, but they are just not covered by buyer/seller protection. This is because of a high fraud potencial.

Please keep in mind, that the buyer's and seller protection is a free service with limited options, not a institution for legal protection.
PayPal is a payment service only.

so they are kind of mean that,they are not response for anything happen when we meet scammer.

no one gonna have the money back,this is their policy.

keep away from paypal.

Login to Me Too

nihilismist
New Community Member
Same thing happened to me. It’s my first time using PayPal, and now PayPal has fully restricted my account. I have no idea what to do. I lost 1k SGD and no one from Binance or PP does anything.
Login to Me Too

haato
Contributor
Contributor

Experienced this! Anyhow could help me to get out of this situation? I've lost alot of $$ from this guy that you all have been mentioning. Is there any way PAYPAL could do anything?

Why could paypal just refund this amount to the buyer? It seems that any transaction could be reverted once it has been transacted. Any amount sent over should have both the buyer and seller agreement so that the amount can be transferred back to the buyer. The seller have evidences that it is indeed a legit transaction while the buyer doesnt have and just states "Ohhh, ive pressed the wrong button" and everything is reverted without consenting the seller.

This is ridiculous. Millions of dollars are lost and paypal isnt doing anything to cover this loop hole!

Login to Me Too

shtroma215
Contributor
Contributor

hello I made a deal in P2P in binance followed all the instructions and didn't received the money my my PayPal account now its like a month from the deals done ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.