Another Yin <removed> / ALLWAY TECH CO., LIMITED light saber fraud - And PayPal openly supports him

RRickDD
Contributor
Contributor
Initially, I cancelled the sale moments after I placed it.  Multiple emails cancelling the order were ignored.  Why? I discovered that the seller is a professional scammer. I immediately filed a PayPal dispute.  The scammer/seller shipped the item it AFTER the dispute was filed. What I received was not even close to what I ordered. The site was advertising a very expensive, custom, all metal lightsaber replica. What was shipped was a $3 plastic toy.

PayPal closed the dispute and found in favor of the scammer - simply because he shipped the item. They won't let me dispute their decision supporting this professional scammer, or file a claim for the fake item.  I tried editing the claim multiple times - but just received an error that "something went wrong."  BTW - I called PayPal today at 7pm Central time. It's mow 10 minutes after midnight - and I'm still on hold.  Have it on speaker phone - it's their dime.

Description on site and invoice: METAL STAR WARS LIGHTSABER.
What arrived: Plastic $3 toy, not the over $100 metal item advertised. 

Guarantee on sellers website: "WE PROMISE THAT OUR PRODUCTS AND PICTURES WILL BE 100% IDENTICAL. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RECEIPT OF THE GOODS, YOU CAN APPLY FOR A REFUND AND DO NOT NEED TO RETURN THE GOODS. YOU CAN USE PAYPAL TO PAY AND PAYPAL WILL PROTECT YOUR MONEY."

This scammer has ripped off thousands of people, mostly via PayPal.

This is 100% a scam. Just Google "YIN <removed> scam" - the first page is almost entirely PAYPAL discussions on the scammer.

Login to Me Too
81 REPLIES 81

msconley2172
Contributor
Contributor

Oddly enough, I opened the case today, THEN searched the community.  Rassin Frassin Scammin Jackholes.

Spoke with a nice gent from Paypal support, and he said the case was immediately escalated.  Seems that everyone here having the same issue is getting attention.

Now, Yin has 10 days to respond, but with regards to this issue, I doubt I will see a penny anytime soon.

Whee.  Go Me, Go Facebook.   Never buying another thing from Social Media sites ever again.

Login to Me Too

KellieJ
Contributor
Contributor

This whole experience is a mess.

I sent back the item as requested by Paypal even though I told them about the fake address.  Agent told me to just sent it.

Got my refund 2 days later for both the item and return shipping.

Sad thing is now I do not trust any Shopify web address regardless.  I have been blanket reporting every ad that apears on facebook.

This scam is not only hurting the buyers but other legitimate sellers.

Login to Me Too

drj-
Contributor
Contributor

I have had an extremely hard time reporting this scam and trying to get a refund. I did everything requested by PayPal's Resolution Center. Even though I reported to them that the address to send the items to is fake and the items will get returned and the "seller" will deny the claim (if they can even find "him"), they want me to send it back at my expense and then give them the tracking number. This will result in costing me another $40 to send it, which PayPal says is on me.

quote from PayPal: "

You’re eligible for a refund of $59.97 USD once you return the item(s) associated with this transaction. You must return the item(s) before September 7, 
2018. Before you do so, please read our instructions carefully. To receive your refund, you need to: - Return the item(s) to the seller at the address we provide. If you purchased multiple items with this one transaction, you may only be required to return
specific items. Please return the specific items listed below as instructed. If no specific items are listed in this email, then all items from this purchase must
be returned in order to receive your refund. - Provide online shipment tracking information in the Resolution Center before September 7, 2018. The returned merchandise must be in the same condition as when you received it and you are responsible for any costs associated with the return. If the transaction was $750.00 USD or more, we need the seller to sign confirmation of receipt. - Mark "Returned Cargo" on the outside of the package to avoid tax charges. "

I have also reported this to my credit card company and they already issued me a provisional credit - waiting on approval from the "seller" Yin Menglin.

This whole process has cost me days of researching, finding and saving on my computer the bogus advertisements, which showed they were in multiple online stores-resellers and many of those stores had removed this posting for "incorrect merchandise".

Good luck to anyone who tries this. I am going to remove my account from PayPal as they are definitely NOT representing us buyers at all.

Login to Me Too

msconley2172
Contributor
Contributor

IMG_1062.jpgIMG_1063.jpgIMG_1064.jpgIMG_1065.jpg

Whelp. They arrived today.   LMAO.  What utter crap

Login to Me Too

Leigh01
New Community Member

I tried to send it back for a refund but the cost from the U.K. out weighed the refund. They insisted on tracked which would have cost more than the refund. Paypal backed them up on this stipulation. 

My feelings are that they know this and play on it. Now I’m stuck with a $3 toy that cost $29.99. I’m disappointed that Paypal took the sellers side in this. Surely the amount of complaints should ring an alarm bell somewhere. 

Im really unhappy with Paypal!

Login to Me Too

kditeman

I forgot to add this to my original post.  On my credit card statement it says Allway Tech, <removed>, CA  95131.  I haven't tried to call that number yet, but it's probably a fake.

Login to Me Too

TonyBfromMD
Contributor
Contributor
Given the number of complaints and the lack of response from PayPal I’m guessing PayPal is taking a cut of the scam and the reason why they do nothing to ban this scammer from their service. There are literally hundreds of complaints against this scammer and yet PayPal does nothing. I have been reaching out to PayPal since the day of purchase after learning it was a scam. I provided copies of cancellation requests and links of complaints from their own forums and still received very little response. Every time they did respond they would say they cannot find the transaction details and make me send again where they’d wait 2-3 more days to respond. Finally they are saying I can get a refund but only after I ship this $2 piece of junk back to China and the seller signs for it to confirm delivery. I’m sure he’s not signing for anything shipped from the US. It looks like i’d Need to spend another $20 for shipping to try to get my $30 back. Of course if he doesn’t sign then I’m out a total of $50. I wish someone would file a class action lawsuit against PayPal for allowing this to continue. With hundreds of complaints against the same person, company and email address they cannot deny they know this person is a scammer and by not banning him they are a willing participant in the scam.
Login to Me Too

TonyBfromMD
Contributor
Contributor
Given the number of complaints and the lack of response from PayPal I’m guessing PayPal is taking a cut of the scam and the reason why they do nothing to ban this scammer from their service. There are literally hundreds of complaints against this scammer and yet PayPal does nothing. I have been reaching out to PayPal since the day of purchase after learning it was a scam. I provided copies of cancellation requests and links of complaints from their own forums and still received very little response. Every time they did respond they would say they cannot find the transaction details and make me send again where they’d wait 2-3 more days to respond. Finally they are saying I can get a refund but only after I ship this $2 piece of junk back to China and the seller signs for it to confirm delivery. I’m sure he’s not signing for anything shipped from the US. It looks like i’d Need to spend another $20 for shipping to try to get my $30 back. Of course if he doesn’t sign then I’m out a total of $50. I wish someone would file a class action lawsuit against PayPal for allowing this to continue. With hundreds of complaints against the same person, company and email address they cannot deny they know this person is a scammer and by not banning him they are a willing participant in the scam.
Login to Me Too

hellboy12
Contributor
Contributor

You say PayPal want proof of the item returned to the seller in order to get a refund. In my case they are quite happy to accept that this scammer has send the item with a tracking number only and not a signature. PayPal two faced **bleep**

Login to Me Too

hellboy12
Contributor
Contributor
Yes PayPal is a disgrace. PayPal is endorsing this scammer. I suggest finding alternative ways to send money. PayPal don't care about you.period
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.