Another Yin <removed> / ALLWAY TECH CO., LIMITED light saber fraud - And PayPal openly supports him

RRickDD
Contributor
Contributor
Initially, I cancelled the sale moments after I placed it.  Multiple emails cancelling the order were ignored.  Why? I discovered that the seller is a professional scammer. I immediately filed a PayPal dispute.  The scammer/seller shipped the item it AFTER the dispute was filed. What I received was not even close to what I ordered. The site was advertising a very expensive, custom, all metal lightsaber replica. What was shipped was a $3 plastic toy.

PayPal closed the dispute and found in favor of the scammer - simply because he shipped the item. They won't let me dispute their decision supporting this professional scammer, or file a claim for the fake item.  I tried editing the claim multiple times - but just received an error that "something went wrong."  BTW - I called PayPal today at 7pm Central time. It's mow 10 minutes after midnight - and I'm still on hold.  Have it on speaker phone - it's their dime.

Description on site and invoice: METAL STAR WARS LIGHTSABER.
What arrived: Plastic $3 toy, not the over $100 metal item advertised. 

Guarantee on sellers website: "WE PROMISE THAT OUR PRODUCTS AND PICTURES WILL BE 100% IDENTICAL. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RECEIPT OF THE GOODS, YOU CAN APPLY FOR A REFUND AND DO NOT NEED TO RETURN THE GOODS. YOU CAN USE PAYPAL TO PAY AND PAYPAL WILL PROTECT YOUR MONEY."

This scammer has ripped off thousands of people, mostly via PayPal.

This is 100% a scam. Just Google "YIN <removed> scam" - the first page is almost entirely PAYPAL discussions on the scammer.

Login to Me Too
81 REPLIES 81

Pepi-v
Contributor
Contributor

I just did as you suggested. I originally got the same run around through PayPal. It would cost me $168.00 to ship back. I called my credit card company and filed a dispute already. Someone has until this Thursday to respond or they will cancel payment and refund me. I am hoping PayPal will step up and do the right thing first though.

Login to Me Too

Clark564
Contributor
Contributor

@RRickDD wrote:

Description on site and invoice: METAL STAR WARS LIGHTSABER.
What arrived: Plastic $3 toy, not the over $100 metal item advertised. 

Guarantee on sellers website: "WE PROMISE THAT OUR PRODUCTS AND PICTURES WILL BE 100% IDENTICAL. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE RECEIPT OF THE GOODS, YOU CAN APPLY FOR A REFUND AND DO NOT NEED TO RETURN THE GOODS. YOU CAN USE PAYPAL TO PAY AND PAYPAL WILL PROTECT YOUR MONEY."

This scammer has ripped off thousands of people, mostly via PayPal.

This is 100% a scam. Just Google "YIN <removed> scam" - the first page is almost entirely PAYPAL discussions on the scammer.

This scammer got me too! So far PayPal is giving me about a week to ship the junky plastic toy back to China in order to process a refund. The

catch is, as you all have stated, is that no one can even verify the return address is real and the shipping cost to return far out values the

initial purchase price.  Just read the sellers guarantee above.  He specifically states items need not be returned for a refund.  How can PayPal

demand the items return in order to refund?  This is hurting the PayPal reputation for honesty and fair transactions.  Phone calls to the

PayPal Resolution Center are answered politely and express sympathy but offer no real help except to

return the items at my cost! PayPal needs to step up and put these fraudsters out of business!

Login to Me Too

drj-
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same response from PayPal. I must return the item to the sender and have them acknowledge it before I can get a refund.

Since there are enough postings to assure me that there is no such address, and that the ad which guaranteed they would cover return shipping costs was only a fraud, I guess I am just going to "eat" this one. I have spent so much time on it and the stress level over three little pieces of cheap plastic does not justify me putting anything more into it. I am a "senior" and at my age peace is more important than money.

Here is what PayPal said to me:

You’re eligible for a refund of $59.97 USD once you return the item(s) associated with this transaction. You must return the item(s) before 
September 7, 2018. Before you do so, please read our instructions carefully. To receive your refund, you need to: - Return the item(s) to the seller at the address we provide. If you purchased multiple items with this one transaction, you may only be required
to return specific items. Please return the specific items listed below as instructed. If no specific items are listed in this email, then all items from
this purchase must be returned in order to receive your refund. - Provide online shipment tracking information in the Resolution Center before September 7, 2018. The returned merchandise must be in the
same condition as when you received it and you are responsible for any costs associated with the return. If the transaction was $750.00 USD or
more, we need the seller to sign confirmation of receipt. - Mark "Returned Cargo" on the outside of the package to avoid tax charges. 

Login to Me Too

JaredMC
Contributor
Contributor

If you reply with N/A in tracking number filed in the same place you received instruction to do so (in PayPal portal) you should get a response, as I did - that they will then simply refund the money.  In the comments section put in that no address can be found and then link to this thread.

See the posts I made previous to this by looking up my user name. 

You are almost there. 

Jared

Login to Me Too

drj-
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed also. When I went into my PP account to try and file a complaint, it kept dumping the email I had composed, or it just plain froze up. Time was passing, and I would not be able to file a complaint at all. I found a link under customer support to report the problem, and they went in and submitted it for me.

I got this response - We’re sincerely sorry that our product can’t make you satisfied, you can return it to us if you want to. But please pay attention -
1.Please make sure the item and packing is intact. If it can’t meet our requests, we may not refund.
2. And, we only accept DHL or UPS as deliver method. Our return address - <removed>,Bao'an District,Shenzhen,DUANGDONG,518000

So they will not refund if they do not get it back. It was sent by bulk mail USPS with a customs label that said the product was worth $5.01.

Looking on the web, we found that this scam is all over the place, hiding under multiple layers of fake sellers - like creative-mall (supposedly in UK) and colorful-hairs.com and ozbargain.com.au (australia) which had an error page saying the item was pulled for being "counterfeit item"

Multiple emails to creative-mall finally resulted in a response asking for a picture of the original item as promised (interesting they don't have it - but they did pull the page and it no longer exists.)

The only bright thing in this whole scam is that I chose to use my MasterCard to pay for this. I also reported it to them. They required a phone call, not through an online form. The customer service rep told me to have all my documentation ready as proof.

They gave me a provisional refund on the spot, but I can't access the funds until the seller allows it -- according to their procedure. Since these layers of emails do not answer, the time for filing complaints runs out and you are stuck one way or another.

Thanks to this page, and others out there on the web who are mad enough to not let these fraudsters steal money from them, I can see I am not the only one duped. This does not make things any better as I have had to spend hours and hours on research, writing emails that never get answered, and swearing to myself never to make an impulse buy again. I also am not happy with all the junk coming out of china, which is why we have changed our buying habits away from chinaworld (oops I meant Walmart).

So good luck to anyone with the same problem. It will cost you lots of time and looks like it will be very hard to get any $$ back.

Login to Me Too

JaredMC
Contributor
Contributor

...I hear that...

See my post on how I got them to give me my money back....

I took at them on Twitter.  Now I have to go back and give PayPal credit where it is due. 

But we can't get the time back.  Three days of this working on them....&^%$$

Jared

Login to Me Too

JaredMC
Contributor
Contributor

Here is a recap that maybe the original poster can PIN to top for those who may not have had success getting a refund yet.

I filed a claim through he traditional PayPal dispute resolution.

(I did call them in San Jose, at some point during this process and I cannot say if it helped or not? But due to the amount of time I can spend on this during the day once they were on the phone I had something come up and had to hang up. I only spoke to the lady long enough to reference my case and she could see found the case ID, in other words she acknowledged that I had an open case...then I had to hang up).

The 1st part of the process is to log the issue and then you have to contact the seller through the dispute resolution portal that is provided by PayPay. Well of course he did not reply as this is a scam.

I did not even WAIT for him to reply once I saw this thread. Within 30 seconds of filing I escalated it through the portal - which means it goes to PayPal - you can put in comments, etc. In the comments I put a link to this huge thread of people all with the exact same problem in the space they provide for a link to the web page that you did the transaction through - well... because this cat has NO web page, again as it is a scam - I put link to this thread in.

Then I tagged @AskPayPal (their support channel) on Twitter. They said THEY would escalate it - to which I replied I had already done that. No other reply from PayPal on that platform, ....and I did not expect one either.

Then...

I received a note from PayPal that I had to return the item to get the refund. (...what?) And the $$ would be refunded once I provided a confirmation of the tracking number. Since the Post Office cannot find the address and even if they did; the $$ to return this useless $3 item with tracking would be more good money chasing after bad - nothing to do here.

So. I replied with N/A as the tracking number and again in the comments section placed a link to this growing thread and the response that the address could not be found. I believe THIS is very important. Reply with N/A and link to this and tell them the address cannot be found.

I have been or will be issued the refund for the money. See the reply below from PayPal.

PayPal response below line:

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

You have indicated that a partial refund of $29.00 USD would be
satisfactory.
We were able to recover $29.99 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Seller's Name: ALLWAY TECH CO., LIMITED
Seller's Email:
Seller's Transaction ID: XXXXXXXX

Transaction Date: 19-Jul-2018
Transaction Amount: -$29.99 USD
Invoice ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Your Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Buyer's Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Login to Me Too

Mallea
Contributor
Contributor

Can you  repost the link, it does not show in our comment.

Login to Me Too

Skydiver831
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like I'm in the same boat as the rest of you.  I'm waiting on the resolution center now.  When this inevitably fails anyone in the group know a good lawyer who wants to file a class action against paypal?  I'm sure Yin is out of touch since he is in china.  But paypal is not.

Login to Me Too

DB-Cumbria
Contributor
Contributor

See all replies on how to get a refund without having to send the item back.... At least Paypal were quick in making the refund when i did this.....

Tracking Number - Not available

Comment- Return address not recognised by China Post so unable to return item.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.