Account hacked

Leo472
Contributor
Contributor

my main paypal account was hacked into today 1/17/2021 at 4:49, the hacked changed both my email and password and spent 49.99 on my Paycard wisely. Paypal ended up closing the account so basically i'm unable to log in to refund or report the problem since the Account got closed and info changed. i made this second account for now. 

and also they bought a monthly subscription i'm i gonna get charged for that too even if the account if closed? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leo472 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Leo472
Contributor
Contributor

i tried calling customer services but they always say they were unavailable and i try texting but haven't got through yet, its been 7 hours now

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.