Account Limited but no option to Provide Limit lifting Option

kellio48
Contributor
Contributor

A few days ago I was notified that my account had been limited. The reason given was that I appeared to be spending more money than usual.
How that would incur limitations I have no idea but suffice to say, that it simply was not true.
I'd actually been spending less than usual but that's not the problem.
In providing  the required documents all went OK but with 3 of them still being reviewed.
However, the following day I received an email from support telling me that in addition to the documents I'd sent (ie. Driver Licence, Proof of address and bank statement, I'd already sent) I had to also provide my current location. 
(I'm currently in Thailand but I've been using my PayPal account from Thailand on each of my frequent visits here for over 7 years without an issue.)
However, there was no suggestion or link in the email which would enable me to send my current location.
Replying to the email only produced a "Delivery Failure" notice and since the 4 documents sending options had already been used, the only other way I could think of was to use the "Contact Us" option of the PayPal homepage.
So, I did that but the only reply I received was from an autoresponder outlining all the options I'd already tried.
So, I'm left at a dead end with my merchant account being limited. This has effectively has put me out of business and shut off my main income source.
I'd be most appreciative if someone could help me on this issue as I won't be back in Australia for another 2 weeks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kellio48 

Paypal is country specific and not globally mobile as folks think, so if you start using it in another country they paypal will require documents and verification that it is you using it and not a scammer in another country.

Your best bet is to wait until you are back in Australia and then phone customer services to sort things out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kellio48 

Paypal is country specific and not globally mobile as folks think, so if you start using it in another country they paypal will require documents and verification that it is you using it and not a scammer in another country.

Your best bet is to wait until you are back in Australia and then phone customer services to sort things out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kellio48
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 
Thank you for your response but the documents I provided are from the Commonwealth Bank in Australia as is the verification of my address and my Queensland driving licence.
While I'm aware that tangible goods can't be shipped to another country if paying from  an Australian PayPal account, digital products can and I did mention that I've been using my Australian PayPal from Thailand for almost 7 years without a locality issue.
This is the third time they have done this to me and the first 2 were while I was using my account  in Australia.
The whole point of my posting this is that the email they sent me asking for my current location, didn't provide a link for me to be able to do that nor did it explain how to do it or provide links to pages that did.
My attempts to reply to the email resulted in a returned email (MAILER-DAEMON unable to deliver)
And, the attempts to use the "contact us" option resulted in an auto responder message with links to all the options I'd already tried and had failed.
While waiting until I get back to Australia and trying to call support may be an option, my past experience in trying to do that was far worse than trying to call Telstra or a Government department.
And... on top of that, as previously mentioned, mine is a merchant account which means my income has stopped and I'm losing all my clients because  I can't pay my providers for the goods I need to ship to my clients which I also do through PayPal and I won't be back in Australia for another couple of weeks..
Can someone please offer an option hat will help me as I'm getting desperate.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.