Account Limited - Uploaded all requested items, but how do I provide "supplier receipts"?

WhatsThisNunca
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal account has been open and active for roughly a year, give or take. I've had several thousand dollars of successful transactions, mostly through ebay (until ebay recently took away paypal as an option) and discogs.com.

Suddenly today my account got locked down. I was made to upload descriptions of about 7 recent transactions - 6 sales from discogs.com and one $8 payment sent from someone unrelated to a purchase.

So I uploaded USPS tracking info for the 6 sales, as well as "describing" they were compact discs sold on Discogs. And for the 7th item I simply marked that it was a person to person transaction.

I also uploaded a scan of my ID.

However the last thing they want from me is receipts from my "suppliers" of what I sell. What in the hell? I don't have suppliers! I'm just a single person selling stuff from my own possessions, notably CDs from my own collection.

All I could think to do was upload a screen cap of a notepad file in which I clearly state I don't have a supplier because I'm selling my own stuff!!!!

Fortunately I only have about $40 "frozen" in my paypal account at the moment, but this is really nightmarish. Am I **bleep**?!?!?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WhatsThisNunca 

Just contact them and state why you can't give a suppliers name.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WhatsThisNunca
Contributor
Contributor

It took them less than  12 hours to review what I uploaded and restore the account so *shrug*.

It seemed so pointless. I've sold thousands of dollars of stuff over the last six months, but it seems one $35 buyer from Australia triggered this

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.