Account Hacked and I'm Livid!

LL18

I am appalled at the events of the past few hours.  I saw that I had three orders waiting for payment, so I went to send an invoice, but saw that the option of "view Paypal transaction" was pre-selected for two of the orders.  I hadn't received notification of payment, so I clicked this.  It then brought me to the PayPal page and I logged in as usual.  I was provided with an error message.  I thought my password was typed wrong, so I tried again.  Same result.  Then I tried "forgot password" and typed in my email.  "No email on file".  WHAT??  So, I go to my email account to see if I'd received some sort of notification from Paypal and I had.  It stated that an additional email was set up on my account and that if I didn't do this or authorize this to follow the links for help.  Well, I certainly did't add this email and didn't authorize, so I followed the link only to be brought to the generic help page.  My account was clearly hacked and the best they can do is send me to the help section landing page?  OMG.  So, I try to submit for help, but I can't log in because whoever hacked my account removed my email address.  So, here I am, signing in on my personal account (the other is my business account) just to share this experience.

I decided to call and when I did was given the option to hold or get a call back.  I felt this was too important of an issue, so I decided to hold.  After OVER TWO HOURS on hold, I heard a click and then a busy signal.  I sat there with my mouth hanging open, thinking this has to be a mistake.  There is no way they disconnected me after holding for over two hours.  Yep, they sure did.

In addition, I receive an email on eBay from another user who stated that my PayPal charged their account $1,000 and told me this was a fraudulent charge.  Of course, this all happened after my account was taken over by some unknown entity, and I am unable to reach Paypal to get this resolved for my sake and this other person's sake.

You would think that PayPal would have some sort of urgent/immediate action in place for issues of fraudulence and security situations, and not treat these cases like any other customer service type circumstance.

This is my livelihood, and as of this post, I still have no idea what's happened to the money in my account and will not be sleeping well tonight.  Thanks PayPal for being so concerned with the welfare of your customers and for providing such outstanding customers serve.  Smiley Mad

For the record, I checked the email and it was authentic and was definitely from Paypal.  Not that it matters, because I didn't check the email before the account was already hacked.

If anyone has experienced something similar and had a positive outcome, please reply so I can maybe get some rest before wasting another few hours on hold with Paypal trying to get this resolved.

This is a nightmare.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Viscontiml
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Was your issue ever resolved? I have bank account Paypal withdrawals with no Activity in my Paypal account. According to 'the community' chatter, someone created a Paypal account with my bank account number and is withdrawing funds from my account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.