Aanchoo complaints

spooky59
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I was wondering has anyone else had any dealings with a company called Aanchoo.com they sell men’s and women’s clothes and advertise on both Facebook and Youtube.it looks like they are based in china I’d like to find out if anyone bought from them and did they have any problems with their order or the item when it arrived .I think I might have been scammed by them I’ve made a complaint to PayPal and they are investigating it 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@spooky59 

Another of these???

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@spooky59 

Another of these???

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

spooky59
Contributor
Contributor

My mistake was trusting Facebook I thought they would do checks on company's before allowing them to advertise their products on their site . It wasn't until a few days later I found their ad's on YouTube with loads of comments from other people complaining about Aanchoo .I can't believe these big internet companies allow them to advertise on their sites .I think Aanchoo are still on Facebook and a few new companies have appeared all selling the same item's under different names.  

Login to Me Too

alexandrefett
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me. Facebook and Instagram should not advertise scams

Login to Me Too

spooky59
Contributor
Contributor
Thankfully PayPal were great and refunded me my money they should now put a block on any payments to them ! The problem is I think they are still advertising on Facebook and youtube under different names ? They must be making a furniture . If I find an advert and I know it’s them I always write in the comments (be carful looks like a scam) to warn people
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@spooky59 

Paypal do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alexandrefett
Contributor
Contributor
Aanchoo, Camel, jojolikes are operated by Coobuy Limited a company registered in Manchester UK. Easy to find on Google.
Login to Me Too

spooky59
Contributor
Contributor
Where ever their from it’s definitely a scam looking on the internet they’ve ripped a lot of people off ! The annoying thing is I really liked the top I ordered
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.