A seller is trying to scam me and PayPal keeps denying my claim

Kdot03
Contributor
Contributor
Short version: I made a purchase from Grailed and the seller provided a tracking number for a completely unrelated shipment. I’ve documented this and uploaded it. PayPal has denied my claim on the basis that the seller provided a valid tracking number, although documentation clearly shows that that tracking number was for a completely unrelated shipment. What can I do? Longer version: I made a purchase through Grailed (Sort of like eBay, but for clothes & fashion items) earlier this month. The seller initially provided a phony website to make me believe the package had been shipped. I saw this and asked him to upload a valid tracking number in the Grailed system, which he did not do for several days. Finally, the seller provided a tracking over a week after my purchase which indicated that the package had been delivered 5 days prior. I hadn’t received anything and naturally found it strange so I filed a claim with ups, which revealed that the package with that tracking number was actually shipped from Best Buy to a completely different address in my same zip code. I uploaded documentation showing this and my claim was still denied because the seller provided a valid tracking number. I’ve tried calling to speak to someone over the phone and I keep getting that the call center is closed. The message center is super slow to respond and it seems like all they can do is pass it off to the resolution center once I explain the situation...but the resolution center is clearly not understanding the situation. This is clearly a scam...what can I do to get this resolved?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.