1.9k GBP on hold for 19 months and counting

lee_mutch
Contributor
Contributor

So you're thinking that PayPal can't hold your funds indefinitely? Think twice.

My account was limited back to 2019 January. I provided requested documents, but probably PayPal saw me as high risk or having a higher than tolerable risk level business (I was selling PDF meal plans, don't know how that's risky but it's a topic for another day) and I received a message that my account is limited, with funds hold of 180 days for potential refunds to customers (I get it). 

As you can imagine after 180 days my funds were still on hold. Ok, maybe I'll just have a call with support team and they'll sort this out, no big deal.

Upon calling support, they told me that my account is still in review and they'll contact me if more information is requested (its already past 180 days, but account is still in review). As you can guess - no follow up from PayPal.

It was already about 250 days so I've called them again. Rep informed that I needed to re-upload my utility bill which will help to complete my verification and funds could be released. So I did that. 

End of 2019 - still nothing. Requested utility bill was uploaded, account is still limited and I feel helpless already. 

Spring of 2020 I started contacting PayPal again, now only via messages (which they have never replied to this day), because phone support is limited now. I sent 5 messages with different topics asking for help, ZERO reaction.

So now I'm in the place where I can't call them, I can write them but they never even respond, and my funds are still on hold.

This is how this company operates, and I'm already feeling that those 1.9 GBP are lost forever and the only thing I can see is the number in my balance.

I am 100% sure there are hundreds stories like this, let me know your similar experiences with PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MoneyGrams
Contributor
Contributor

We are having a similar issue. Funds on hold for 10 months. Did you get this resolved yet?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.