Rue La La promotion - Never received my $20 cash back.

starlightbluz
New Community Member

I got an email from PayPal stating that if I make a purchase from Rue La La using my PayPal account between the dates of October 26 - October 28th, I would receive $20 cash back in my PayPal account. Well, almost 4 weeks later and still nothing. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks! Just for reference, I have copied the terms and conditions as seen below:

Terms and conditions for the offer

PayPal customers will receive $20 deposited in their PayPal account when they sign up and make a purchase on ruelala.com, excluding tax and shipping ("Offer"). Offer begins on October 26, 2011 and ends on October 28, 2011. Offer limited to one per PayPal account. In order to receive this Offer you must: a) have a U.S. PayPal account in good standing, b) receive an email from PayPal inviting you to participate in the Offer, and c) complete a purchase at ruelala.com during the promotional period using PayPal.

Excluded transactions from this offer include, but are not limited to the following: PayPal Mobile transactions, gift certificate payments, gift card purchases, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. Offer cannot be combined with any other Offer.

PayPal and Rue La La reserve the right to cancel, suspend, or modify part or this entire Offer at any time without notice, for any reason in their sole discretion.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

These cash back payouts were scheduled for the last half of November - be sure to check in on your account, as many have begun to credit.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

mikeyk
Contributor
Contributor

I also have not received my $20 credit. It has definitely been more than 30 days since I placed the order. It is disconcerting how there is no one to contact about this issue. I only decided to make the purchase because I thought it was a good deal with the credit.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi mikeyk!

In order to determine why you haven't received any cash back you may have qualified for, we'd need to take a closer look at your account.  As we can't do this in the forums or discuss account specific information, you'll want to reach out to customer service via the "Contact Us" link.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

mikeyk
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! I have tried that, but there are no options I can select that make sense. So I can't figure out how to contact anyone at Paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Are you trying to select an email option?  You might try the Contact Us > Email Us> Sending/Receiving Money > Coupon/Redemption Code option after logging into your account.  If you're still encountering issues there, it may be best just to call instead.

Adrian

Login to Me Too

mikeyk
Contributor
Contributor

So I contacted customer support and was asked to call a number. I called that number and was transferred to another number that never answered. I waited 20 minutes and gave up. The difficulty in being able to contact anybody on this matter makes me feel like closing my paypal account. I had no idea customer support was so bad. And in this case, I am trying to get resolution about an offer extended to me by Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello mikeyk!

I'm sorry to hear that happened - were they asking you to contact Rue La La?  Either way I'll look into this. I'm sure it can be fixed. 

Thank you for your patience!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

timmie
New Community Member

cparren

I also did a thing a with Rue La La to recieve two $10 credits.  I did not receive them right away, in fact it took about 3 months before I actually got the credit for the second one and almost 5 months to receive the credit for the first one.  (July and September were when I did the promotions and I got the credit just now in December).  I was able to use the credits right away once they were actually posted in my account, but yeah, took WAY TOO long to get the credits. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.